Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    "Won't someone think of the plants?" was not on my Bingo card today.
    Brawndo- it's what plants crave

2. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Brawndo- it's what plants crave
    The Thirst Mutilator

While the Henny Pennies are squeaking, the weather service seems sane. Monday and Wednesday only days forecasted for rain. Not even a half inch of rain combined.

Attached Images Attached Images    

4. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

https://www.reddit.com/r/TropicalWea.hern_atlantic/

Cat 4 out past the Windwards in JUNE. Totally normal stuff, right? Right?

5. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

6. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Luckily the cone moved consistently south. Hopefully that trend continues.

Luckily the cone moved consistently south. Hopefully that trend continues.
    Need that high pressure over us to stay strong. Can NOAA spray steroids on our HP system?

I blame all the increased emissions from bitcoin mining.

Yes, Levi is very level headed. I realize the locals can’t spend that much time on weather. Did anyone catch the FSU ensemble had ONE model yesterday with a hurricane off the coast between NOLA and Houma July 6th? I’m surprised our local Henny Penny didn’t show that one…oh wait, it was the weekend.

Just let me know when “the cone of death” becomes important to us.

Here’s some trivia…1964 had 4 systems, including one hurricane not named.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yes, Levi is very level headed. I realize the locals can’t spend that much time on weather. Did anyone catch the FSU ensemble had ONE model yesterday with a hurricane off the coast between NOLA and Houma July 6th? I’m surprised our local Henny Penny didn’t show that one…oh wait, it was the weekend.

Just let me know when “the cone of death” becomes important to us.

Here’s some trivia…1964 had 4 systems, including one hurricane not named.
    Yes very knowledgeable. He should be head of the NHC. But he is too good to work for the government. Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Yes very knowledgeable. He should be head of the NHC. But he is too good to work for the government. Ha ha
    Unless something has changed he is at the Joint Typhoon Warning Center. A government agency

Well, let's see. What are you calling normal? What is your time frame? I guarantee you there were Cat 4 level storms past the Windwards 100-200 years ago.

Also, this year, we had one of the longest time frames we've gone without a named system in the Atlantic Basin to start a season in many years. That was not normal either.

I think what we have witnessed so far this year is the result of the transition from El Nino to La Nina. It was predicted a couple months ago that La Nina would be in full effect by July.

Here we are, and there is your Hurricane.

15. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Well, let's see. What are you calling normal? What is your time frame? I guarantee you there were Cat 4 level storms past the Windwards 100-200 years ago.

Also, this year, we had one of the longest time frames we've gone without a named system in the Atlantic Basin to start a season in many years. That was not normal either.

I think what we have witnessed so far this year is the result of the transition from El Nino to La Nina. It was predicted a couple months ago that La Nina would be in full effect by July.

Here we are, and there is your Hurricane.
    Source: Trust me , bro.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information