Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Hurricane Season

Default Re: 2024 Hurricane Season

Mark Suddith at Hurricanetrack.com is the best at analysis in my opinion, he also studies the storms and places weather stations and cameras in the areas where a storm is tracking to. Also he doesn't hype up storms like others do and he is excellent at his analysis of tracks.

2. Default Re: 2024 Hurricane Season

Cyclocane.com is an excellent place to see storm spaghetti models.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Oh, you should check the idiots at The Weather Channel. They are rooting so hard for more Hurricanes. It's hilarious. Sometimes, they catch themselves and try to act happy that we're having a down season.

If they aren't doing rain dances for more Hurricanes, they are fear casting like crazy about how the world will end because of clobal warming/climate change/sea level rise/human beings.

They truly have gone off the deep end.
    Yes they have. The only way they get on my television is sound off and I look at the radar. Otherwise, can’t remember purposely watching them since some hurricane hit near NOLA and Al Roker was in the French Quarter preaching impending doom…and all the lights were on.

“Scientists have long said a warming world will ultimately result in fewer but stronger storms something this season has born the fruit of”.

Man, somebody reached real deep to pull that one out the old body cavity.

Cat 5

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    “Scientists have long said a warming world will ultimately result in fewer but stronger storms something this season has born the fruit of”.

These people are full of ____ all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

That's what happens when your primary goal is anti-fossil fuels. You have to then look for any way to push an agenda to convince people of the devil. Even if it means changing your story.

Name:  science.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  83.0 KB

How many subjects are in each skool day? Science with some of the lowest scores compared to other nations somehow thinks they are the best and most important. #Fascinating

Checks notes: i thought he was an engineer, not science

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Name:  science.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  83.0 KB
    If this Eric Acosta is the same as the cartoon writer, whose LinkedIn shows that HE doesn't have any sort of science/STEM background, then I can see why he would tweet something like this as an insult with zero sort of perspective. That's why I hate it that issue/political/economic debate from BOTH sides has devolved into posting grammatically incorrect memes and tweets from entertainers who are paid to ENTERTAIN the masses with political news.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If this Eric Acosta is the same as the cartoon writer, whose LinkedIn shows that HE doesn't have any sort of science/STEM background, then I can see why he would tweet something like this as an insult with zero sort of perspective. That's why I hate it that issue/political/economic debate from BOTH sides has devolved into posting grammatically incorrect memes and tweets from entertainers who are paid to ENTERTAIN the masses with political news.
    Bravo

Another good comparison is check out who had more science credentials: dolph "ivan drago" lundgren or bill nye the science guy

Nobody disparaging fellow alumni over on the UGA boards, guess who has a better chance of being ranked by days end....

Checks notes: claiming superior science knowledge while disparaging the science knowledge of people that studied science at the same place as you is not the burn you think it is.

So one has to have a STEM background to comment on issues that affect everyone? What part did he say HE was a STEM guy? "I bet the best part of being a football coach is having message board idiots with a junior high level of knowledge second guess every decision he makes." See how that works?
    Are you in the ENTERTAINment business? Then why are you commenting about an entertainer? Geez stay in your own lane.
    One would have to be blind and/or under a rock to not see the virulent anti-intellectualism that has taken over a large portion of our country.

I'm not a meteorologist, I just play one on the internet....

Some models are hinting at more than a tropical rainmaker coming our way by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. Not much time to prep so just a heads up.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information