Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Hurricane Season

1. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    D.c., egypt or LA version?
    I went to the Alexandria library in Cenla 411 Washington.

I read it went underwater years ago.

2. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We got a window unit running. It’s tolerable in one room at a time!
    I feel for you.

Two weeks without when RP was 3 years old. (Rita)

I remember panicking because I couldn't update the news stories.

Pre iPhone

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Except that 130 million people live on a coastline in the US alone. That more than the global population 2500 years ago.
    Right, that's why early civilizations were nomadic and moved when water levels rose or lowered. They also lived near rivers for food and water sources, when the river levels rose, they moved away. Today, everybody wants an ocean view, even Obama. Living on the coast is a choice and sometimes you pay the price for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Right, that's why early civilizations were nomadic and moved when water levels rose or lowered. They also lived near rivers for food and water sources, when the river levels rose, they moved away. Today, everybody wants an ocean view, even Obama. Living on the coast is a choice and sometimes you pay the price for that.
    what is weird to me is how some of these camps,houses etc that have been on the water for 80-100 years and the water is exactly where its always been.

5. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    90% of the land on earth is uninhabited by man. If the water moves, you move.
    Curious how 130 million people just move. What about infrastructure? The economic cost would be staggering.

6. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    what is weird to me is how some of these camps,houses etc that have been on the water for 80-100 years and the water is exactly where its always been.
    Have you ever driven down Hwy 1? You think those people build their homes and camps in the middle of the bay?

Curious how 130 million people just move. What about infrastructure? The economic cost would be staggering.
    Right again, but the point made is they chose to live near the ocean/water and that leads to risks. Large cities next to the coast is new world stuff and that's only a fraction of a fraction of another fraction of time on this planet.

Have you ever driven down Hwy 1? You think those people build their homes and camps in the middle of the bay?
    C'mon, now. What about "accenuating" a national river from its delta? What about poorly designed O&G erosion mitigation?

Well, they're not moving tomorrow. They have all the time they need. And, yes infrastructure cost would be significant over time to relocate that many people, but that is our own fault for locating that many people on the coast to begin with. This is entirely a modern human problem. Ancient man was smart enough to not do that.

You think thats attributed to the sea level rising? lol

11. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Well, they're not moving tomorrow. They have all the time they need. And, yes infrastructure cost would be significant over time to relocate that many people, but that is our own fault for locating that many people on the coast to begin with. This is entirely a modern human problem. Ancient man was smart enough to not do that.
    So cities like Byzantium, Alexandria(not CenLa), Carthage, Athens, Genoa, Marseilles, etc etc etc don't count?

12. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    You think thats attributed to the sea level rising? lol
    Yes partially

13. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

So cities like Byzantium, Alexandria(not CenLa), Carthage, Athens, Genoa, Marseilles, etc etc etc don't count?
    don’t count for what . . .

14. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Yes partially
    That sinking feeling is the accurate feeling.

15. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That sinking feeling is the accurate feeling.
    I am always better when I seam to float . . . maintaining sea level is good for life . . .

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information