Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

1. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Same old Cajuns go to a regional and play reeeeaaaalll tough but come up short against good teams

Meanwhile LSU turns it on and goes to Omaha
    Well then go pull for LSU!

Default Re: BB Sunbelt Tournament GM3 Louisiana vs JMU 1:16pm

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    We built our stats as a pitching staff against a weak first half conference schedule. We probably have more of an average staff at best
    Average? We are 21st of D1 295 teams in the country in team ERA. Well inside the top 10%.

Morgan is likely a Freshman AA. LP is a high draft pick. Second half ERA is likely over 5, but we still have the best ERA in the league. Average is not how most would describe our pitching.

Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mb306 View Post
    No, I'll do my usual and quietly hope they lose long after we've been sent home

The arrogance that our head coach showed towards this tournament is absolutely embarrassing in my opinion. We may be a lock for the tournament (which is still questionable to me) but to go out there with the mindset that we're in and lets get some work in is an embarrassment to the game. You have a game to play. Play the ____ing game the way you would play any other. This was a complete choke job and completely embarrassing.

I'll hang up and listen to the sunshine pumpers.

5. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

It’s baseball hopefully this is a wake up call lights a fire under the guys and helps us rest up. Get in and get hot it can happen. No matter what will be fired up next weekend

Really embarrassing SBC tournament appearance by us. That's all I'll say.

You simply can’t give up that many freebies in one inning and expect to win any game.

8. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mb306 View Post
    "Rut-Roe-Astro"! This tournament did not go the Cajuns way. Can we recover from this disappointment and make a showing in a regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan20 View Post
    It’s baseball hopefully this is a wake up call lights a fire under the guys and helps us rest up. Get in and get hot it can happen. No matter what will be fired up next weekend
    We've played 58 games. If we aren't awake by now then we might as well just stay asleep.

Blowing a 7-1 lead with some of your better relievers is tough to take.

What I’m most concerned about is that, outside of a scoreless outing against Jackson St, Langevin has given up 12 earned runs in his last 15 innings over 5 appearances. That goes all the way back to the home series against S. Miss. He hasn’t had a scoreless outing against anyone but that Jackson St game in what will be over a month once the regional begins.

I hope some things can get figured out. And some guys that have been shelved a bit lately (Herrmann and Holzhammer) are ready to go next week. This one certainly wasn’t a good look.

Two and out is not what we want for momentum going into a regional.

12. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    The arrogance that our head coach showed towards this tournament is absolutely embarrassing in my opinion. We may be a lock for the tournament (which is still questionable to me) but to go out there with the mindset that we're in and lets get some work in is an embarrassment to the game. You have a game to play. Play the ____ing game the way you would play any other. This was a complete choke job and completely embarrassing.

I'll hang up and listen to the sunshine pumpers.
    So, what moves today by Deggs exhibited a complete choke job?

13. Default Re: BB Sunbelt Tournament GM3 Louisiana vs JMU 1:16pm

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Average? We are 21st of D1 295 teams in the country in team ERA. Well inside the top 10%.

Morgan is likely a Freshman AA. LP is a high draft pick. Second half ERA is likely over 5, but we still have the best ERA in the league. Average is not how most would describe our pitching.
    Thanks Mr. At least we have one baseball fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Blowing a 7-1 lead with some of your better relievers is tough to take.

What I’m most concerned about is that, outside of a scoreless outing against Jackson St, Langevin has given up 12 earned runs in his last 15 innings over 5 appearances. That goes all the way back to the home series against S. Miss. He hasn’t had a scoreless outing against anyone but that Jackson St game in what will be over a month once the regional begins.

I hope some things can get figured out. And some guys that have been shelved a bit lately (Herrmann and Holzhammer) are ready to go next week. This one certainly wasn’t a good look.
    Oh now you concerned, Some of us have been concerned but you said we were stupid bc you watch baseball on TV. Outside of USM we haven’t been losing, we have been getting our asses kicked in losses. We threw 10 arms in 2 games and gave up 17 runs. The bats are feast or famine.

I know some say we are a lock for post season NCAA tourney. I ll still be a bit nervous Monday

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information