Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Blowing a 7-1 lead with some of your better relievers is tough to take.

What I’m most concerned about is that, outside of a scoreless outing against Jackson St, Langevin has given up 12 earned runs in his last 15 innings over 5 appearances. That goes all the way back to the home series against S. Miss. He hasn’t had a scoreless outing against anyone but that Jackson St game in what will be over a month once the regional begins.

I hope some things can get figured out. And some guys that have been shelved a bit lately (Herrmann and Holzhammer) are ready to go next week. This one certainly wasn’t a good look.
    I’m okay being labeled a second guesser and an arm chair coach on this one: I hated the decision to bring him out up 6 and I liked it even less running him back out there for a third inning when it was obvious he didn’t have it.

2. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I know some say we are a lock for post season NCAA tourney. I ll still be a bit nervous Monday
    Dude, really . . .

Default Re: BB Sunbelt Tournament GM3 Louisiana vs JMU 1:16pm

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Average? We are 21st of D1 295 teams in the country in team ERA. Well inside the top 10%.

Morgan is likely a Freshman AA. LP is a high draft pick. Second half ERA is likely over 5, but we still have the best ERA in the league. Average is not how most would describe our pitching.
    Again that’s based off stats but go and look since the coastal series and see what our pitching stats are. LP also hasn’t been as dominant in that stretch also so has Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’m okay being labeled a second guesser and an arm chair coach on this one: I hated the decision to bring him out up 6 and I liked it even less running him back out there for a third inning when it was obvious he didn’t have it.
    I was surprised he went back out for a 3rd inning as well

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Oh now you concerned, Some of us have been concerned but you said we were stupid bc you watch baseball on TV. Outside of USM we haven’t been losing, we have been getting our asses kicked in losses. We threw 10 arms in 2 games and gave up 17 runs. The bats are feast or famine.
    I’m concerned about Langevin not being as good lately. It’s a long season and dudes wear down though. So maybe he’ll bounce back now that there’s some time off.

I never said anybody was stupid by the way. And the fact that I watch a lot of games is one thing. Another is that I played it at a high level, coached it, know it well, and don’t have a mental breakdown every time the team loses a game, a pitcher has a bad outing or a batter goes through a slump.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’m concerned about Langevin not being as good lately. It’s a long season and dudes wear down though. So maybe he’ll bounce back now that there’s some time off.

I never said anybody was stupid by the way. And the fact that I watch a lot of games is one thing. Another is that I played it at a high level, coached it, know it well, and don’t have a mental breakdown every time the team loses a game, a pitcher has a bad outing or a batter goes through a slump.
    Longevin can’t do it by himself, not even the untouchable one. It wasn’t just the losses that are concerning it was the way we were losing. We don’t have the offense to get down big early, we gotta keep it close and make a push at the end when Degg’s offense can work. lately we either are on fire at the plate or look like it’s the first time holding a bat. Games like this have been appearing more and more often since coastal, there aren’t any come to Jesus post game meetings with the team left.

We played average in College Station and Miami after huge SBC Tournament runs. We just got punched in the gut. These boys are going to respond. Just watch them make a Super!

JMU does own us in athletics unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    We played average in College Station and Miami after huge SBC Tournament runs. We just got punched in the gut. These boys are going to respond. Just watch them make a Super!
    I'm not convinced we're a lock for a regional

10. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    JMU does own us in athletics unfortunately.
    Now that you mention it, it sure feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'm not convinced we're a lock for a regional
    Bro…stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Now that you mention it, it sure feels that way.
    F that.

13. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament Final: Louisiana 9, James Madison 10

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    F that.
    I already Forgot it.

It was a Fleeting thought.

Thanks

Positives: Coach finally platooned the outfield based on RH vs LH starting pitcher. It’s been clear to me for quite a while now without even looking at the splits who is comfortable facing lefties vs who is comfortable facing righties. I thought the lineup today was ideal facing a lefty, then pinch hitting Higgs once they inserted a righty was the right move.

Negatives: I was confident in 14 arms for more than half the season. All of them, including LP look worn out now.

I trust in Coach Deggs. Many of the decisions we’ve (myself included) questioned over the past few years have turned out to be great decisions in hindsight so I’ll withhold my judgement on what we just witnessed. Maybe, just maybe he has a better idea of what’s going on with his players than we do. Maybe he thinks rest is of the utmost importance at this time. Time will tell…

Default Re: BB Sunbelt Tournament GM3 Louisiana vs JMU 1:16pm

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Average? We are 21st of D1 295 teams in the country in team ERA. Well inside the top 10%.

Morgan is likely a Freshman AA. LP is a high draft pick. Second half ERA is likely over 5, but we still have the best ERA in the league. Average is not how most would describe our pitching.
    So I went back since the coastal series, 161 innings pitched till today, 113 earned runs. If my math is correct that is a team 6.36 era. Again our overall pitching stats was beefed up with the early weak conference schedule. I know some of the parks attributed to it (Troy and coastal) but it’s still alarming.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information