Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

Default Re: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I have asked about this in the past and have been told that they don't want lower donors to come in and complain about petty stuff. My response was if they give money and show up to games, their feedback is just as valuable as anyone else's.
    Really?? Why?

I think those are the people you probably need to listen to the most. They can tell you what is really going on, and the sentiment of the average fan.

Also in a work enviroment i rather be told the truth so I can actually fix the problem then having my head in the sand.

Default Re: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

Petty = unimportant

They don't want an embarrassing situation where mega-donors have to sit there and listen to people complain about concession or parking prices

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Petty = unimportant

They don't want an embarrassing situation where mega-donors have to sit there and listen to people complain about concession or parking prices
    we have mega-donors?

Petty = unimportant

They do not have to come it would be for anyone that wants to come. If they did it.

Mega enough enough for the admin to think it's acceptable to completely disregard the majority of the historical fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    They do not have to come it would be for anyone that wants to come. If they did it.
    Hey I'm all for it I'm just commenting on the previous post that said this idea was already proposed, and the admin shot it down because they don't want bigger donors to be embroiled in the negativity that us plebs would bring to the meeting

Petty = unimportant

I have always said that the $10,000 donors build the seats, but the $100 to $500 donors fill the seats.

We can be like Rice and have all the money in the world, but then we would have a stadium with 500 people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We can be like Rice and have all the money in the world, but then we would have a stadium with 500 people in it.
    If you're in a loge/luxury box with 10 people in it, do you concern yourself with how many people are sitting in the cheap seats ?

All great ideas, but we know it will fall on deaf ears. THEY DO NOT CARE.

10. Default Re: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

Good stuff Ragin9221

Thankyou! I personally think if they implement these ideas they would increase attendance 50%. Thats what i honestly believe

Could of wrote 10 more pages if i really sat down and thought about what we can do different to increase fan support and fan engagement.

I was actually trying to shorten it up. My assessment is 10 pages long.

12. Default Re: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

. . . right now the only enhancement that would work on here is “WIN BABY WIN”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Thankyou! I personally think if they implement these ideas they would increase attendance 50%. Thats what i honestly believe

Could of wrote 10 more pages if i really sat down and thought about what we can do different to increase fan support and fan engagement.

I was actually trying to shorten it up.

These people are not gonna do the work required to implement your plans, which are all spot on (btw). Just take a look at the last 3-4 years. Their idea of work is sending out tweets. It's sad

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . right now the only enhancement that would work on here is “WIN BABY WIN”
    Winning only takes you so far. It takes years and years even decades to increase support like that.

Problem is like i pointed out we have not made a real effort outside the city of Lafayette to make them feel welcome enough, or make them feel apart enough to truly have them keep coming back.

Just like in football, and basketball we are starting to alienate fans that are Cajun fans that do go to games and we are losing the little support we have left. They have not done anything to be able to bring in new supporters, or keep the ones they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    These people are not gonna do the work required to implement your plans, which are all spot on (btw). Just take a look at the last 3-4 years. Their idea of work is sending out tweets. It's sad
    I know and we could do so much better if we gave it the old college try.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information