Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

Default Re: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It's a brilliant business model. He says that it's brutal in the beginning because of the demand. And then from there you learn how to adjust. The problem we have here is that we have to adapt to "free."
    The model needs to be Festival International. Link your debit card to your wrist band, or put money. Scan the wristband and get what you need and go.

One that could be used inside and outside the stadium.

I think if we charged 100 dollar ticket with everything included people would be floored!!!

Let them have the control just make it simplier, easier, and faster.

Default Re: Enhancing Student Engagement and Fan Support for University Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    That may be one of the most outstanding looks at cost/value metrics I've ever heard. To take all the fees out of a ticket, and calculate the cost of concessions as part of the price is genius. Imagine if every ticket to a Cajun football game included a poboy, bottle of water, and candy bar. We'd have double the fan volume due to food purchase value. Who cares if they don't stay all 60 minutes - if the fan volume is up, just for food, more will come to see what all the fuss is about.
    Alsobeer. When your fan base outdrinks the Cajundome inventory and pregame bowl party in New Orleans, you found an attraction in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Well i applied for Assistant Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement, and put this in the Additional Documents section. Hopefully they read it. Got email back saying I didnt have the requirements. I didnt have the 1 year working in University Athletics. I do have the College degree.

Well hopefully they take
    some of these ideas and put it to good use. I just wanted to throw this out there because i believe that if we implement some of these ideas we could grow the fan base significantly.
    Making it a requirement to have one year working in University Athletics is ridiculous! one year of experience is almost nothing in the big picture. I bet the person that ends up getting the job will not have nearly the ideas that you have already put down on paper or be nearly as familiar with our issues as they need to be. They are obviously eliminating qualified applicants due to this meaningless requirement!

The model needs to be Festival International. Link your debit card to your wrist band, or put money. Scan the wristband and get what you need and go.

I think if we charged 100 dollar ticket with everything included people would be floored!!!

Let them have the control just make it simplier, easier, and faster.
    People buy a $100 ticket and then get raped at the concession stand for concerts a dozen times a year at the cajundome. It's not the price, it's the experience.

I personally preferred the loading of the wristband rather than an unlimited connection. I wanted to put $100 on it and when I was out, time to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Making it a requirement to have one year working in University Athletics is ridiculous! one year of experience is almost nothing in the big picture. I bet the person that ends up getting the job will not have nearly the ideas that you have already put down on paper or be nearly as familiar with our issues as they need to be. They are obviously eliminating qualified applicants due to this meaningless requirement!
    They wrote the "requirements" based on the person they already picked who will get the job

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Thankyou! I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    The person who gets hired for AD of Marketing and Fan Engagement needs to be able to recite Jesse Cole's book
    It will be someone looking to build a resume that does not know the unique culture of Acadiana.

Consulting with the local festivals should be one of the first contacts in trying to figure out fan engagement

Another thing that would be interesting.

RCAF members are investors correct. We give money to thr University. I am investing into the success of the program.

Well like volunteers. If i am a RCAF member. We set up a group of volunteers who are RCAF members, who could go out to these high school all around acadiana, and hand out schedules, talk to folks, etc Also help set up tents and chairs before and after games.

We also need RCAF members say on every wednesday where RCAF members can throw out ideas on improving the fan experience. Have a weekly meeting ilike a town hall where RCAF members can bring up their concerns on game day experiences etc.

I think that be a terrific idea.

Gotta have your id, and a RCAF card to be able to attend.
    That's racist

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That's racist
    I cant go to an investor meeting for a company without proving i am an investor.

I cant go to an investor meeting for a company without proving i am an investor.
    Lol

Just a way for voices to be heard. Not to complain about wins and losses and the athletic department.

Just things we can do better as members that would help fan engagement as a whole

Like a Union Meeting, or a Boy Scout Meeting etc.

We also need RCAF members say on every wednesday where RCAF members can throw out ideas on improving the fan experience. Have a weekly meeting ilike a town hall where RCAF members can bring up their concerns on game day experiences etc.

I think that be a terrific idea.
    I have asked about this in the past and have been told that they don't want lower donors to come in and complain about petty stuff. My response was if they give money and show up to games, their feedback is just as valuable as anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I have asked about this in the past and have been told that they don't want lower donors to come in and complain about petty stuff. My response was if they give money and show up to games, their feedback is just as valuable as anyone else's.
    get the forum going and when someone complains about something petty, call it out and have a motion to table the topic. Move on. Every board, committee, etc that I've sat on, there is always someone bringing up petty bs. Promise you it would happen with the 5 and 6 digit donors too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information