Thread: Latest MBB Commitment

UL Basketball Latest MBB Commitment

https://x.com/ThePortalScoop/status/1793361808083865761

Welcome Mostapha to Cajun Nation. I don't envy Jay Walker in trying to pronounce this guy's name. Spelling it is a challenge in it's own right. Note, he missed the last few games of his sophomore JC season. I have no idea why. It may have been due to an injury but that is pure speculation on my part. Earlier in the year, he twice earned national JC player of the week honors.

Default Re: Latest MBB Commitment

Hard to tell from this juco video if it will translate to D1 but looks to have good handles

3. Default Re: Latest MBB Commitment

the big fish swimming

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

Hard to tell from this juco video if it will translate to D1 but looks to have good handles
    Agree you can't tell much about his defensive ability or athleticism from the video. He did have 58 points in a game earlier in the season. I have no clue how his game will transfer to the D1 level. Also, his team went 25 and 6. They lost in the Florida JC tournament to a team they had beat earlier in the season when Mostapha was available. One other note of interest, being from Morocco he is likely a Muslim. Only basketball relation to that is Ramadah occurs during the conference tournament next March. Hope he eats/drinks well during the allowed parts of the day during that period.

5. Default Re: Latest MBB Commitment

Love the music

Bob Marlin doing things.

7. Default Re: Latest MBB Commitment

Great pick up. Hope he can translate to SBC bball.

I am just asking. Is he a great pickup if we are hoping he can translate to SBC basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I am just asking. Is he a great pickup if we are hoping he can translate to SBC basketball?
    That dilemma is true for most recruits as you never know how a player will work out. Some would say odds are in your favor if a guy scored 58 in a game at one time.

Two aspects. Skill set is one thing. Can he play as a team member on OUR team. As in how we play and team chemistry. Won’t know that for a few games or more. As in Themus.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Two aspects. Skill set is one thing. Can he play as a team member on OUR team. As in how we play and team chemistry. Won’t know that for a few games or more. As in Themus.
    Themus was a big chemistry guy in his junior year. That was not a question. Apparently he had some frustrations in his senior year and that led to his departure. I like this guys size and handles. I'm not sure if he's quick enough to break down teams and I didn't see a ton of shooting from his reel but we'll see.

Thread Information