Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

1. UL Baseball Re: BB Louisiana v. ODU Sunbelt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Loser of the next game. No we don’t drop into the 50’s
    Yes, something shocking would need to happen for the Cajuns to fall that far. Something several standard deviations from the mean. And even if that happened, the Cajuns would receive an at-large bid. The Cajuns are playing for 2/3 positioning and the establishment of some momentum entering the NCAA Tournament.

A win today over JMU and the Cajuns would currently move to #33 … but that could change based on the Coastal result this morning.

A loss and the Cajuns would fall to #40. Again, this is all other things being equal and pending a lot of tournament play today. But the thing to watch would be schools around the Cajuns making big moves due to big wins.

Brian

Default Re: BB Louisiana v. ODU Sunbelt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Yes, something shocking would need to happen for the Cajuns to fall that far. Something several standard deviations from the mean. And even if that happened, the Cajuns would receive an at-large bid. The Cajuns are playing for 2/3 positioning and the establishment of some momentum entering the NCAA Tournament.

A win today over JMU and the Cajuns would currently move to #33 … but that could change based on the Coastal result this morning.

A loss and the Cajuns would fall to #40. Again, this is all other things being equal and pending a lot of tournament play today. But the thing to watch would be schools around the Cajuns making big moves due to big wins.

Brian
    I wouldn’t feel safe at 40. Seems very bubbly. Weren’t we last 4 in last year at 42

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I wouldn’t feel safe at 40. Seems very bubbly. Weren’t we last 4 in last year at 42
    unless the sunbelt is a 1 bid league, we are in. the 5th rated conference will not be a 1 bid league

4. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    That’s not the question, if they were really the same you would say it doesn't matter but every single person would choose 2 seed over 3 seed at fill in the blank Regional…every time.
    Doesnt seem like it matters. Didnt they used to not even declare which was which. Format and bracket is same either way, just who bats last? I remember a coach that used to prefer to bat first

5. UL Baseball Re: BB Louisiana v. ODU Sunbelt Tournament

Not even close to bubbly. Safely in … by a number of slots.

The Cajuns were #47 at selection time last year (three stolen bids), WITHOUT being the Sun Belt champion.

Again, this is for seeding. Relax and enjoy.

Brian

Not even close to bubbly. Safely in … by a number of slots.

The Cajuns were #47 at selection time last year (three stolen bids), WITHOUT being the Sun Belt champion.

Again, this is for seeding. Relax and enjoy.

Brian
    And to me there isn’t a difference between a 2 or a 3. You just don’t want to have the momentum of going two and out into the tournament

7. Default Re: BB Louisiana v. ODU Sunbelt Tournament

And to me there isn’t a difference between a 2 or a 3. You just don’t want to have the momentum of going two and out into the tournament
    Well, there is a difference between a 2 and a 3 … for several reasons. But that subject has been exhausted and folks have dug in. So I am not going to get into those reasons.

And yes, as mentioned, I want some momentum and experience winning in a neutral park. The Cajuns are 0-4 this season in neutral site games. The Cajuns should change that before they play in the NCAA Tournament next weekend.

Brian

Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

As we were discussing earlier how bad it’s been, Conor Higgs is not in the lineup for game 2

I don't mind Higgs being in the lineup, but he needs to be somewhere between 7-9. I like Broussard in the 2-hole. I think he provides some versatility there. I would really like to see Pastore in the 2-hole imo. I like Pastore's chances of getting on base with Debo hitting behind him.

10. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

I would guess that JMU will start Kuhle or Burke … both lefties.

Brian

I would guess that JMU will start Kuhle or Burke … both lefties.

Brian
    Yep. That’s not ideal. Hopefully we can work some counts and get whichever it is, or both, out of the game relatively early

12. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    both

we went into this game to win it, that is why he started Morgan

when you get down 5, you go to your lesser arms and preserve pitching for latter games

if Morgan would have been pulled with the lead, he probably would have gone with LP

as the chances of winning the tournament dwindle, you will see Deggs more focused on resting or not extending pitchers and using lower level arms until we are out

right now he still wants to win the tournament for an outside long shot to host
    Makes sense.

13. Default Re: BB Louisiana v. ODU Sunbelt Tournament

A Georgia Southern win tonight and they move into the RPI Top 60.

Brian

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information