Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Yes but that could have changed if the offense showed any signs of life earlier in the game.
    I don’t think so. If LP comes in there to get out of the mess, he probably only goes a couple innings. I think that’s why it was McGehee, hoping he can get out of that and get them a couple innings.

In a regional, or over the last few weeks trying to win the regular season title, I think it’s 100% LP…and he goes as long as he can.

My point. They wanted Blake to come in and pitch well, keep the game close and get us to LP later for a short outing. No one, not even odu expected them to score 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    My point. They wanted Blake to come in and pitch well, keep the game close and get us to LP later for a short outing. No one, not even odu expected them to score 6.
    Exactly

Cajuns are loaded with pitching though and can certainly make a run through the losers bracket

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Exactly

Cajuns are loaded with pitching though and can certainly make a run through the losers bracket
    I agree. That’s why after being down 7 we saved our normal arms for the rest of the week and pinch hit a couple guys in the 9th. 2 and 5 hole were 0-8 with 4k’s. Can’t win like that.

Winning out of the losers bracket is always looked like sumitting a tall mountain. Not saying that was the plan. Obviously it was not. It always raises eyebrows when it happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Winning out of the losers bracket is always looked like sumitting a tall mountain. Not saying that was the plan. Obviously it was not. It always raises eyebrows when it happens though.
    For sure. I do wonder though, are they willing to push pitchers to the point of what it would take to do it?

I’m thinking winning tomorrow will be important and a big effort will be made for that to happen. And maybe one more after that.

At that point, it’s a matter of throwing guys in short outings…and a lot of them…and trying to outslug someone to win.

7. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

This team, while exciting and full of charisma and character; has lost a few games mid week and to a few opponents that should have been won. In my opinion that symbolizes a bit of “complacency” or whatever you want to call it. The lack of consistent bats is going to bring this season to an end. I hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeere View Post
    This team, while exciting and full of charisma and character; has lost a few games mid week and to a few opponents that should have been won. In my opinion that symbolizes a bit of “complacency” or whatever you want to call it. The lack of consistent bats is going to bring this season to an end. I hope I’m wrong.
    294 Division 1 teams’ seasons will come to an end in a way they aren’t happy with. We have one of the best 20-40 out of that 295. I’m not sure why, as “fans”, so many want to criticize what this team is not instead of celebrating what they are.

9. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

294 Division 1 teams’ seasons will come to an end in a way they aren’t happy with. We have one of the best 20-40 out of that 295. I’m not sure why, as “fans”, so many want to criticize what this team is not instead of celebrating what they are.
    You are conflating the body of population that are Cajun baseball fans with the body of population that are Cajun baseball fans who post on RP

I believe generally Cajun baseball fans are ecstatic about the success of this team and then there is the body of Cajun fans that post on RP

the latter are generally not satisfied with anything and we lost a game today . . .

Connor Higgs is 10 for his last 51 with 20 strikeouts. Bryan Broussard has 10 hits in his last twenty at bats

11. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Connor Higgs is 10 for his last 51 with 20 strikeouts. Bryan Broussard has 10 hits in his last twenty at bats
    BB was in the lineup in the 9 hole where he was strategically placed.

Higgs is still at almost .400 on base percentage even after this slump. I tend to trust the coaches who evaluate these decisions on a big picture basis.

If the suggested criteria for determining lineup would have been used for Hayden Cantrelle, he would not have been in the lineup at all at Louisiana as each of his seasons here, he slumlord in the first 1/3rd of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Can add that Higgs at bats are also hitting in the 2 hole before Debarge. Higgs is hitting with the MVP on deck.there is no sweeter spot in the lineup to be successful in.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Can add that Higgs at bats are also hitting in the 2 hole before Debarge. Higgs is hitting with the MVP on deck.there is no sweeter spot in the lineup to be successful in.
    it feels like he's in an 0-2 count when he leaves the on-deck circle

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Don’t care how much you like a guy or had been successful…there is no reason he should still be in the two hole

Great perspective. I get the goals are reasonably high for the diamond sports.

But to suggest complacency over a couple midweek losses and a bad tournament game seems a tad aggressive.

Yes, I’m not very optimistic about their regional chances at the moment (Herrmann being unavailable/injured is not good) but they’ve had a very good season and who knows what can happen in June.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information