Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    how many times will you move the goal posts
    I’m done with it. I don’t care about being a 2 or a 3. I care about who the 1 seed is. Nothing more and nothing less.

And I think the Cajuns will be a 2 somewhere.

Anything else anyone is reading into anything I’ve said is either not understanding, I didnt explain my point well, or I said something I didn’t mean…but have corrected it since.

2. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’m done with it. I don’t care about being a 2 or a 3. I care about who the 1 seed is. Nothing more and nothing less.

And I think the Cajuns will be a 2 somewhere.

Anything else anyone is reading into anything I’ve said is either not understanding, I didnt explain my point well, or I said something I didn’t mean…but have corrected it since.
    I understand the greater point you were making and don't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Would you rather lay an egg this week or next week.
    Bingo

4. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Bingo
    as a rooster I would prefer to never lay an egg

5. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I understand the greater point you were making and don't disagree.
    truth be know, it is a lessor point which he makes . . . who is going into this to just win a regional . . . not one player, not one coach and not one fan . . . and when you go in as a 3 as opposed to a 2, your odds may be even less as there are now 2 teams better then you in the regional . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I would rather be the 2 seed no matter who the host.

Of course common sense says that my chances of winning a regional are substantially better the worse the 1 seed is.

That just gets you to a super

The ultimate goal is being one of the last 8 standing at the end of the day so absent some luck, you will run into one of 1 through 8 before getting to the big Dance in Omaha

it all depends on how much I to the weeds you are making your analysis
    Getting to the super is the point.

A super regional is different than a regional. Having to explain this seems weird, but in a super, you have to beat a really good team twice in 3 games. In a regional you have to do the same…while also having to win 2 other games in the same few days.

It’s really not that difficult to understand if you just think instead of making posts simply to be contradictory to anything anybody says.

Ok I have a question. Or a concern. Not sure what to call it. Deggs and the staff know a hell of a lot more than I do. Is this team a lock for a regional? I personally would like to see us win a couple more games to be sure. But it seems as though Deggs, and just about everyone on this board, believes they’re in no matter what. But that’s not what this post is about.

During the South Alabama series Deggs made a comment that the Cajuns were still in the hosting conversation. He must have said it again within the last couple days because the broadcast crew talked about it during the game.

Here’s where I am confused. Earlier posts suggest that Deggs said he is thinking forward to regional play and getting his guys where they need to be. I did not listen to any pre or post game interviews, so I don’t know what was said about how the pitchers and rest of the roster will be handled in the tournament.

I guess my thought, or my question is this….Which one is it? Are we doing everything we can to win, boost the RPI, and build the resumé? Or are we 100% sure we’re in and just getting ready for the regional?

8. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Getting to the super is the point.

A super regional is different than a regional. Having to explain this seems weird, but in a super, you have to beat a really good team twice in 3 games. In a regional you have to do the same…while also having to win 2 other games in the same few days.

It’s really not that difficult to understand if you just think instead of making posts simply to be contradictory to anything anybody says.
    maybe you should have declared that all along . . . still not sure your analysis is statistically sound

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Ok I have a question. Or a concern. Not sure what to call it. Deggs and the staff know a hell of a lot more than I do. Is this team a lock for a regional? I personally would like to see us win a couple more games to be sure. But it seems as though Deggs, and just about everyone on this board, believes they’re in no matter what. But that’s not what this post is about.

During the South Alabama series Deggs made a comment that the Cajuns were still in the hosting conversation. He must have said it again within the last couple days because the broadcast crew talked about it during the game.

Here’s where I am confused. Earlier posts suggest that Deggs said he is thinking forward to regional play and getting his guys where they need to be. I did not listen to any pre or post game interviews, so I don’t know what was said about how the pitchers and rest of the roster will be handled in the tournament.

I guess my thought, or my question is this….Which one is it? Are we doing everything we can to win, boost the RPI, and build the resumé? Or are we 100% sure we’re in and just getting ready for the regional?
    We are 100% in. But it’s not like we didn’t start our best pitchers and put our best lineup(coach thinks) out there today. We just had a bad game/inning really. Take away the 4th inning and it’s another late inning comeback win for the Cajuns. But it’s 1 loss and doesn’t change the big picture a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We are 100% in. But it’s not like we didn’t start our best pitchers and put our best lineup(coach thinks) out there today. We just had a bad game/inning really. Take away the 4th inning and it’s another late inning comeback win for the Cajuns. But it’s 1 loss and doesn’t change the big picture a whole lot.
    The health of our pitching staff and the the ability of our bats to completely disappear if the issue this late in the season. We aren’t just falling short here recently, we are getting beat, run rules etc. There is no more time to figure stuff out, or lay eggs. This season could be over in 3 games.

He wants to win the tournament because (he thinks) there is an outside chance to host.

But won’t try to win the tourney at the expense of PLAYING in a regional. Pitchers will be on limits to keep them fresh. Using McGehee today is a perfect example. Had he gotten out of the mess instead of it getting worse, and we got through a couple more innings, you would have seen Langevin. BUT…you weren’t gonna see LP come into the game in the 4th or 5th inning and pitch the rest of the way to win this game today

12. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

both

we went into this game to win it, that is why he started Morgan

when you get down 5, you go to your lesser arms and preserve pitching for latter games

if Morgan would have been pulled with the lead, he probably would have gone with LP

as the chances of winning the tournament dwindle, you will see Deggs more focused on resting or not extending pitchers and using lower level arms until we are out

right now he still wants to win the tournament for an outside long shot to host

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    The health of our pitching staff and the the ability of our bats to completely disappear if the issue this late in the season. We aren’t just falling short here recently, we are getting beat, run rules etc. There is no more time to figure stuff out, or lay eggs. This season could be over in 3 games.
    If Langevin comes in for Morgan, it’s likely 3 or 4 to 0 after that inning and he goes the majority of the rest of the way. And there’s a shot to come back and win.

That’s not what was done and as soon as they got down 7 runs, you saw 2 freshmen and a sophomore finish the game on the mound. Guys that had combined for about 6 innings in the last 2 months

If Langevin comes in for Morgan, it’s likely 3 or 4 to 0 after that inning and he goes the majority of the rest of the way. And there’s a shot to come back and win.

That’s not what was done and as soon as they got down 7 runs, you saw 2 freshmen and a sophomore finish the game on the mound. Guys that had combined for about 6 innings in the last 2 months
    Yes but that could have changed if the offense showed any signs of life earlier in the game.

Think of it like battles in a war. We want to win the war.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information