Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    To my point about the 1 seed is what matters, would you rather be a 3 seed at NC State’s regional, or the 2 seed at Texas A&M, Arkansas or Tennessee’s regional?
    Would you rather be a 2 seed or a 3 seed at Texas A&M? Simple answer

Default Re: BB Louisiana v. ODU Sunbelt Tournament

That game was played like it was a game with one team fighting for its life and the other playing like they have bigger goals.

Who actually thinks McGehee enters the game when Morgan got in trouble instead of Langevin if the Cajuns were in do or die mode in this tournament? And by the way, Morgan probably wasn’t gonna throw much longer anyway. We saw JR Tollett throw more innings today than he had thrown all season, Steven Cash come into the game and get a few outs, and Murphy Brooks in to clean up the 9th. And that was after we had scored a few runs to have a small chance of coming back.

For the record, those 3 kids did a great job and games like this will be good for all of them moving forward. Hell, they may be needed at some point before this season is over and done with.

The offense got shut down by a GREAT pitching performance from a tough lefty. This lineup is left-handed heavy, and this kind of thing happening is nothing new this season. Once he was done, they immediately scored some runs on a double and a couple of HRs.

They were also able to give a couple guys some ABs in the 9th, and even though they didn’t go well, getting those ABs today may help if they are needed going forward.

All of the doom and gloom is a huge overreaction. I’ve said it a couple times over the last few weeks, listen to the pregame interviews and to the weekly press conferences. Sure they are trying to win these games in Montgomery, but while doing so, they are preparing for what comes next, and winning now wont come at the expense of what’s to come after this week.
    Thanks for the rational post and keeping people away from the edge of the bridge

3. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

"One Game in May" my name is ODU.

4. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Checks notes: 7th win in may and 2nd in this very tournament

5. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

That game was played like it was a game with one team fighting for its life and the other playing like they have bigger goals nice luxury not afforded coaches in othwr sports

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    that has absolutely nothing to do with whether a 2 and 3 seed are the same
    Not saying they’re the same. I’m saying that being a 3 at a lesser host is better than a 2 at a tougher host. They’re not the same, but if the goal is to win the regional, being a 2 or a 3 doesn’t matter as much as who the 1 seed is.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Would you rather be a 2 seed or a 3 seed at Texas A&M? Simple answer
    The answer is neither.

But I’d rather be a 3 at any regional other than that one, at Arkansas or Tennessee than a 2 at one of those.

8. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Not saying they’re the same. I’m saying that being a 3 at a lesser host is better than a 2 at a tougher host. They’re not the same, but if the goal is to win the regional, being a 2 or a 3 doesn’t matter as much as who the 1 seed is.
    I would rather be the 2 seed no matter who the host.

Of course common sense says that my chances of winning a regional are substantially better the worse the 1 seed is.

That just gets you to a super

The ultimate goal is being one of the last 8 standing at the end of the day so absent some luck, you will run into one of 1 through 8 before getting to the big Dance in Omaha

it all depends on how much I to the weeds you are making your analysis

9. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    no play by play????

I want to be the 3 seed at indiana state or east Carolina over the 2 seed at any secespn team.

The answer is neither.

But I’d rather be a 3 at any regional other than that one, at Arkansas or Tennessee than a 2 at one of those.
    That’s not the question, if they were really the same you would say it doesn't matter but every single person would choose 2 seed over 3 seed at fill in the blank Regional…every time.

Would you rather lay an egg this week or next week.

That’s not the question, if they were really the same you would say it don’t matter but every single person would choose 2 seed over 3 seed at fill in the blank Regional.
    I’ve already said that I don’t think they’re the same. I may have agreed with someone who did, but (and I said it to correct myself) I think who the 1 seed is matters MUCH more.

That said, I think the Cajuns win tomorrow and it’s a moot point, and they’ll be a 2 seed somewhere.

That’s not the question, if they were really the same you would say it doesn't matter but every single person would choose 2 seed over 3 seed at fill in the blank Regional…every time.
    Then “every single person” is likely more interested in winning a couple games at a regional before getting eliminated than actually winning the regional.

15. Default Re: BB SBC Tournament G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Old Dominion 7

Then “every single person” is likely more interested in winning a couple games at a regional before getting eliminated than actually winning the regional.
    how many times will you move the goal posts

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information