Thread: Raffle: For IN Game Interest

Support Raffle: For IN Game Interest

What about the 50/50 raffle they do at baseball games? Do it for football games.

Announce it at the start of 4th quarter? Lets be honest if i get 5,000 fans to buy a raffle ticket at a football game and i could win 2,500 i probably stay if i could be the winner.

Also extra income they would get could go into the marketing and fan experience budget.

Still need something more concrete though. Maybe then do something like jump around before they announce the winner.

Got to get them hyped before someone wins the 2,500 bucks

2. Default Re: You are my sunshine.

somebody decided that is gambling

bad decision

horrible decision

a decision that needs to be reversed

it’s fund raising and fan in game retention

Default Re: You are my sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    somebody decided that is gambling

bad decision

horrible decision

a decision that needs to be reversed

it’s fund raising and fan in game retention
    Raffle for money okay. What about i get a prize?

Okay well what about a condo on the beach in Gulf Shores?

They have raffles for items would that be considered gambling?

I would take a condo on the beach for 5 days? How much does that run about 1500 bucks? What about 2 Saints season tickets?

Run you around 750 bucks a ticket. Plus we could get with someone within the Saints organization and have them cut a deal?

Gotta think if i won 2,500 dollars what would i spend that money on.

4. Default Re: You are my sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Raffle for money okay. What about i get a prize?

Okay well what about a condo on the beach in Gulf Shores?

They have raffles for items would that be considered gambling?

I would take a condo on the beach for 5 days? How much does that run about 1500 bucks?

Gotta think if i won 2,500 dollars what would i spend that money on.
    no difference

until a reversal of the classification of 50/50 as gambling, it will not happen

like I said, it was a bad decision and cost us easy money

besides, Cajuns are gamblers by nature and govt should just get the -uc* out of our Cheerios and Milk

Default Re: You are my sunshine.

no difference

until a reversal of the classification of 50/50 as gambling, it will not happen

like I said, it was a bad decision and cost us easy money

besides, Cajuns are gamblers by nature and govt should just get the -uc* out of our Cheerios and Milk
    Okay i am not a lawyer, but found this online. Now it says Booster Club as long as i have a license. Could we apply for a license with the state?

Found this online

Raffles, Lotteries and Merchant Give-Aways Under the Louisiana Gaming Laws

A question that often comes up is whether a merchant may conduct a raffle or lottery as a way to increase business or raise money for a charity. Examples of questions typically raised are:

May a store conduct a raffle by which a customer that makes a purchase is automatically entered into a raffle for four 50 yard line seats to the LSU/Alabama game?
    May a store sell a raffle or lottery ticket to a customer for $1.00 for a raffle of five hundred dollars worth of fishing supplies sold at the store with the store keeping the proceeds from the raffle?
    May the merchant conduct a raffle of a prize worth more than $250.00 if the proceeds from the sale of the raffle tickets are all to be donated to a charity?
    The answer to each of these questions under the current Louisiana gaming laws is no.[1]

Generally, a merchant must obtain a license to conduct a raffle from the Office of Charitable Gaming. A license will only be granted to charitable organizations qualified as such by the Internal Revenue Service via a 501(c) tax exemption, or certain other organizations such as Mardi Gras carnival organizations, civic or services associations, voluntary fire companies, booster clubs, and parent-teacher associations. See La. R.S. §§ 4:703 and 4:707; La. Atty. Gen. Op. No. 01-0263, 2001 WL 1044459. A for profit business does not qualify to obtain a license to conduct a raffle. Id. Louisiana law generally does not permit unlicensed parties to sell raffle tickets. La. R. S. § 4:715. The Louisiana Office of Charitable Gaming’s website provides a process to apply for exemption to licensing to conduct a raffle but none of the exemptions apply to a for profit business. See www.ocg.louisiana.gov.

A business that would like to raise money for a charity through selling raffle tickets for one of its products as the prize needs to donate the product to the charity with the charity obtaining the license (or the exemption) and conducting the raffle.

6. Default Re: Raffle: For IN Game Interest

who would be the charity

just wondering

Default Re: Raffle: For IN Game Interest

who would be the charity

just wondering
    Isn't the RCAF a non-profit?

who would be the charity

just wondering
    Well lets say we set up, these are just my ideas, say if we put together a commitee (booster club) of volunteers made up of students and alumni, that would help out with fan engagement.

Volunteers to help with gameday promotions, wouldnt that be considered a booster club ? It would help raise money for efforts with increasing fan attendance as well as fan engagement?

9. Default Re: Raffle: For IN Game Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Well lets say we set up, these are just my ideas, say if we put together a commitee of volunteers made up of students and alumni, that would help out with fan engagement.

Volunteers to help with gameday promotions, wouldnt that be considered a booster club ? It would help raise money for efforts with increasing fan attendance as well as fan engagement?
    not a tax guy

have no clue

not a tax guy

have no clue
    This comes from the irs website. I didnt read the entire 14 pages. I might be reading this wrong, but to me it states as long as the money doesnt go towards providing equipment or athletic facilities or shareholders

Well it would not it would be for that booster club. Therefore none of it would go towards direct funding to athletics. Tried to copy and paste. It would be going to fan engagement and gameday promotions for althetics or educational but the money would be for that booster club. Not to the athletic department directly.

Thats how i read that.

If not we can use it for campus beautification projects.

The real purpose of doing it would be for fan engagment.

Extra income could be raised to build a Champions Square at Cajun Field, that wouldnt be just for athletics it could be for holding functions, graduations, giving awards a multitude of things.

It wouldnt be a athletic facility, even though it would be used for the fans on gameday.

Website https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopica93.pdf

The 50/50 pot at Astro’s games gets pretty steep.

Thread Information