Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: House / NCAA

NCAA House / NCAA

This is getting interesting (in a bad way)

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/550.shared-article

Default Re: House / NCAA

I don't understand how 27 vs 4 can lose. Tell the P4 to eat ____ and to pay 90% of the bill.

3. Default Re: House / NCAA

If many of the things the ncaa had done, once challenged, falls down like a house of cards. Why not sue for schools to get equal cuts of the tv money, sue for equal airtime (which they had at one time) and sue for lost playoff revenue when teams were left out of bracket based on later proven wrong meteics such as RPI, might as well throw in bowl bids too

It's getting time to tear the whole damn thing down and rebuild from the ground up! Find out who is in and who is out and get back to a reasonable approach to college athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It's getting time to tear the whole damn thing down and rebuild from the ground up! Find out who is in and who is out and get back to a reasonable approach to college athletics.
    A complete rebuild of college football begins with promotion/relegation between leagues. No more private clubs. No more snobbery. Everything gets settled on the field.

6. Default Re: House / NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    A complete rebuild of college football begins with promotion/relegation between leagues. No more private clubs. No more snobbery. Everything gets settled on the field.
    except the money, the Supreme Court has already ruled on that

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I have been screaming this since NIL started! UL needs to go all in and get a private equity investor…. We have a unique and great brand all we need is a leader with balls and an infusion of money from a private equity firm and we can build a great product. Money isn’t everything, but it can carry you a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    For the love of God, no. This screams "blood in the water" and predatory PEs naturally swimming towards it.

If college athletics were less about the student athletes and more about money right now, imagine when PEs get involved.

10. Default Re: House / NCAA

“I deeply personally believe in college athletics,” Weatherford said. “As an ex-athlete, I owe a lot to it and so does my family. We believe in college athletics. I don’t like the fact that 10 to 15 teams have a chance to win a national title every year. I’d like that to be 40-50. It’s not a level playing field. Not everyone has the resources to compete.”

under current market and financial conditions and even under the most optomistic financial conditions for Louisiana in the future, does anyone here realistically believe that Louisiana could be in the 40-50

please practice intellectual and financial honesty in your response

Unlimited scholarships on the way. Every player gets paid, current, future and former.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.aa-settlement/

12. Default Re: House / NCAA

If there are unlimited scholarships there will be less teams, as wont be enough players left to fill out the schools deemed low on totem pole.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: House / NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Unlimited scholarships on the way. Every player gets paid, current, future and former.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.aa-settlement/
    Not exactly unlimited; the number of scholarships will be governed by the roster limit, which is expected to be reduced [in football] from the current 120 to 100. A more serious problem for UL is the proposal to make baseball [and presumably softball] into head count sports, i.e. one scholarship per player. One would think there would also be reductions in roster limits for the affected sports.

As proposed, football would increase from 85 to 100. Men's basketball increases from 13 to 15. Those increases in scholarships are likely to lead to schools dropping men's sports like golf and tennis to stay in compliance with Title 9. Track/Field/Cross country will be devastated by this if it also becomes head count.

Look for the required number of sponsored sports to remain FBS to drop from 16 to 14 or less, with similar reductions in lower divisions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not exactly unlimited; the number of scholarships will be governed by the roster limit, which is expected to be reduced [in football] from the current 120 to 100. A more serious problem for UL is the proposal to make baseball [and presumably softball] into head count sports, i.e. one scholarship per player. One would think there would also be reductions in roster limits for the affected sports.

As proposed, football would increase from 85 to 100. Men's basketball increases from 13 to 15. Those increases in scholarships are likely to lead to schools dropping men's sports like golf and tennis to stay in compliance with Title 9. Track/Field/Cross country will be devastated by this if it also becomes head count.

Look for the required number of sponsored sports to remain FBS to drop from 16 to 14 or less, with similar reductions in lower divisions as well.
    I won't be surprised to see some schools drop diamond sports altogether. Ark State or MAC schools make sense in that regard.

15. Default Re: House / NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

So no walkons? Some would say The actual student athlete, lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information