Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Why would the coach be sued? Isn’t it against the rules for the university and their employees to be involved in this deals?

"The suit states that Napier called the Qbs dad on signing day and said a booster would wire him $1M if he signed with UF"

This could certainly get interesting.

This was always going to happen. You couldn't sue in the past because you had to keep the payment silent. Now, anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    "The suit states that Napier called the Qbs dad on signing day and said a booster would wire him $1M if he signed with UF"
    If this is true, it is beyond stupid. I know we are in the era of NIL and some things are legit NIL offers, but the head coach should never be the "bag man" or the ones making these types of phone calls.

Head coaches typically have someone else doing the dirt.

Wonder if this could get Billy fired without a buyout.

Billy had a better chance of making the playoff here. It was hard for him to see that through all of those trees ($$)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Wonder if this could get Billy fired without a buyout.
    I’d say that door is wide open now.

9. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

billy didnt have a better chance to make 7m a year at UL. he is in year 3, so he has made over 20m. Rightfully so, he made the correct business decision to leave UL. No one turns down that kind of offer in any profession.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This was always going to happen. You couldn't sue in the past because you had to keep the payment silent. Now, anything goes.
    If the conversation wasn't recorded, good luck. And not sure if Florida is a 2 party consent state as far as recording. I mean, I'm not a lawyer but I did stay at T-Jacques bed and breakfast last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    If the conversation wasn't recorded, good luck. And not sure if Florida is a 2 party consent state as far as recording.
    Florida law requires all involved parties to give legal consent before a private conversation may be recorded. So yes, Florida is a two party consent state.

Reading this kid's story from high school to now makes me feel sorry for him

His dad has peddled him all over the country since he was 14 years old, handing out commitments to the highest bidder under his son's name until that name eventually is worth nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ecajuns View Post
    billy didnt have a better chance to make 7m a year at UL. he is in year 3, so he has made over 20m. Rightfully so, he made the correct business decision to leave UL. No one turns down that kind of offer in any profession.
    Billy could have had $3 Mill/Year for 30 years at Louisiana if he wanted to build a dynasty. He took a gamble most of us would take.

15. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Wow. Ha. LoL. also says the collective is disbanded

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/co.r-14m-nil-deal

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information