Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I just get tired of the god worship of a man that just got lucky to establish his prowess before the bottom fell out and people here still believe he would have continued to be successful here when the rules changes and we could not afford him anyway
    Holy crap man Napier is THE BEST football coach we have ever had I'm not sure what metrics you would need to measure it by, but he hit a higher ceiling in our football program than anyone else

And it could be argued that he did it during Covid or whatever, but please let me know the next time our team is nationally ranked two years in a row

I'll bet it's long after I'm dead

2. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Holy crap man Napier is THE BEST football coach we have ever had I'm not sure what metrics you would need to measure it by, but he hit a higher ceiling in our football program than anyone else

And it could be argued that he did it during Covid or whatever, but please let me know the next time our team is nationally ranked two years in a row

now do Levi Lewis

3. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

now do Levi Lewis
    Now do his offensive line.

Perfect storm.

4. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

funny you mention covid

covid allowed him to keep the best of Hud recruits overtime while also being able to bring in his recruits

he was able to coach during the time period that, with a little luck, one could have assembled a team that will probably never be able to be assembled again

look, he did a great job here at Louisiana, some of which was done with HUD recruits and it is developing now that having these and being able to extend them out longer than usual may have been a circumstance that had substantial part in his success

memory is short as this board was not even satisfied with that success

and then there was Levi Lewis, one of the greatest college QB to have every played here and what he got from this board during that time was reprehensible, just reprehensible

5. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Perfect storm.
    perfect storm may have had way more to do with it than anything and seeing what we are seeing now in Florida, even maybe coaching

you and I agree wholeheartedly

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Perfect storm.
    Now do his Running backs.

People here have placed him so high on the thrown even he believes he is god

god bows down to none
    *Throne

memory is short as this board was not even satisfied with that success
    You do realize that there are people who expect more out of UL, right? People who want to see their alma mater take another step toward national relevance People who expect some kind of return on their monetary investment beyond "aw shucks! It was a good season We tried but budget. Doing more with less, amirite?"

9. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

You do realize that there are people who expect more out of UL, right? People who want to see their alma mater take another step toward national relevance People who expect some kind of return on their monetary investment beyond "aw shucks! It was a good season We tried but budget. Doing more with less, amirite?"
    yes

probably some of the same fan that want to win in baseball but not pitch our pitchers

reality is a virtue

some have it and some are just miserable

pick your pot

and cook in it

10. Default Re: Napier going to court (NIL related)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    *Throne
    get to work

Hey, throw em brother let's see how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    No way as a multi-millionaire I would put up with the NIL era of CFB in the SEC.
    Signed.
    Nick Saban

I guess this has been talked to death, but has anyone brought up the lawsuit against Billy Napier & Florida for failure to pay a recruit his NIL fee on time? I heard it was around 14 million dollars they were getting sued for.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information