Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Won the bet.

UL Softball Won the bet.

On Jan 1st a few of the softball guys made a bet that I couldn't keep from posting for the duration of the Cajuns softball season. Well they lost. Tomorrow Coach Glasco will conduct exit interviews and start working on his schedule for next season. In my opinion this off season will be the most critical off season of Glasco time here. Next season is his best shot at getting to the WCWS and doing some damage. Key off season questions marks:
    1. What will his coaching staff look like?
    2. Who transfers in?
    3. Who transfers out?
    4. What does the team do different to reach the next level?
    5. Will any incoming or red shirt freshman step up?
    6. How will the schedule play out? Could they be in position to be a national seed? Good times ahead. Geaux Cajuns.

Default Re: Won the bet.

-Go get an elite pitcher to compliment what we already have on staff.

3. Default Re: Won the bet.

"Won the bet"

Impressive, but I missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post

-Go get an elite pitcher to compliment what we already have on staff.
    Isn't that on everyone's wish list. We do need another front line ace pitcher and a few other pieces.

I counted 16 players out for the anthem. Did our Fr that are being red shirted not dress for the tournament?

I wonder how things would have gone with Allred, Piskos, and Campbell on the team all season. That's 3 big bats we didn't have for much of this season. Hmmmmm!

S.Ryan didn't pan out. Can say the same about Delbrey. There might be something we haven't seen that keeps them on the team. Hope so!

Looking forward to seeing what the RFr have, and if any true Fr contribute. He's gonna need a big signing class for 2026. We'll be losing 5 really good position players after next season.

Pretty sure plucking an elite pitcher with experience is similar to finding a needle in a haystack, but Coach did it before, maybe he can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I counted 16 players out for the anthem. Did our Fr that are being red shirted not dress for the tournament?

I wonder how things would have gone with Allred, Piskos, and Campbell on the team all season. That's 3 big bats we didn't have for much of this season. Hmmmmm!

S.Ryan didn't pan out. Can say the same about Delbrey. There might be something we haven't seen that keeps them on the team. Hope so!

Looking forward to seeing what the RFr have, and if any true Fr contribute. He's gonna need a big signing class for 2026. We'll be losing 5 really good position players after next season.

Pretty sure plucking an elite pitcher with experience is similar to finding a needle in a haystack, but Coach did it before, maybe he can do it again.
    1of the 2 redshirt freshman dressed out. The other two players were Vic and Chloe warming up in the bullpen.

The team lost a lot of power without Allred, Piskos and Campbell. We needed those type players in a game like today.

And we will see how Glasco’s interview with Auburn goes.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    And we will see how Glasco’s interview with Auburn goes.
    He isn't going to Auburn.

So what did you win?

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    So what did you win?
    12 months free membership to the Premium version of RaginPagin. Access to all sorts of extras that don’t come with the regular free membership.

A $349.99 value, absolutely free.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He isn't going to Auburn.
    Good to hear. I like Coach Glasco.

12. Default Re: Won the bet.

What happened to Allred Piskos and Campell?

I have been giving some thought to what we need to accomplish in the off season to complement the very good nucleus of players now on our team. In my opinion, the following needs must be addressed if we are to advance to OKC:

1. An elite pitcher; preferably an experienced one. If she has two or more years of eligibility left, so much the better, but a grad transfer is ok. This could be Delbrey or Ryan, but a transfer or recruit is more likely.

2. Another good defensive catcher with a power bat, so Vic doesn't have to catch every game. This might be addressed internally, as Allred was recruited as a catcher/corner infielder.

3. At least one more quality middle infielder and one more corner infielder, as Ellestad, Roe and Langliers will all be Seniors next year.

4. A long, athletic outfielder with speed and a power bat; Hayden and Falterman will both be Seniors next year.

5. Make sure the Hunter Veaches don't go anywhere else.

Notice the recurring theme of long athletes with speed and power bats; I love our girls who are slappers, but the days of winning at an elite level with small ball are over. Speed still kills; but you want that speed to come with power. I would rather see a hitting lineup of 9 girls with the offensive abilities of Brooke Ellestad than one with 9 Mihyia Davis clones.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    What happened to Allred Piskos and Campell?
    Allred was injured and is taking a medical redshirt. Piskos missed the last two months for undisclosed reasons and Campbell left the team for personal reasons.

Another enjoyable Cajun softball season. Glasco teams have been getting a little better each year since he got here. This year we saw improvements in both defense and offense, mainly because players weren’t switched around to different positions as much as in the past. But, the biggest improvement was in base running. Except for the leaving early problems, we didn’t have near as many base running problems as Glasco teams of the past. We came so close to the supers. Just ran into a real good Baylor team. I’m already excited about next year. GEAUX CAJUNS

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information