Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Won the bet.

Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Reading the FB comments on the UL Softball page…yep, some people are still eaten up.
    You are correct. Had not gone thru reading the posts there in awhile. Man, it’s like a RP MBB thread at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    I was told by an athletic department insider earlier this year that Justin was offered the pitching coach position at Virginia last year and seriously contemplated taking it. Glasco supposedly talked him out of accepting it. However, after being effectively neutered by Glasco this year (Glasco took over pitch calling responsibilities about a quarter of the way into the season this year) it wouldn't surprise me at all if Justin looked elsewhere to practice his trade.
    If that's what he feels is best for him and his family, cool. Let him go. Not saying that in a smug way at all. God bless Justin, and maybe he turns out to be an amazing softball pitching coach, but at this point there isn't enough body of work to show that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You are correct. Had not gone thru reading the posts there in awhile. Man, it’s like a RP MBB thread at times.
    ML put a message out yesterday about how the Cajuns beat Baylor in a regional hosted by UL. Petty, little man.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    looks like Turbine exercising a little editorial license
    Nah, I did. I felt it was too mean.

5. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Nah, I did. I felt it was too mean.
    got to watch them feelings

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Well we didnt beat 'em and we arent going to join 'em, so whats next granted he is successful but as many on here whine about regarding other succeasful coaches, how will he get to that "next level" and ensure he isnt waiting on his time until the fat retirement check, aka r.o.a.d. program for those that know.
    We are losing only a couple of players from this team, we should be holding on to the best we have. They will all improve.

1) Is it that Glasco can't reach the next level?

2) Or are fans too impatient?

(Hint: #2 is always true. )

7. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    We are losing only a couple of players from this team, we should be holding on to the best we have. They will all improve.

1) Is it that Glasco can't reach the next level?

2) Or are fans too impatient?

(Hint: #2 is always true. )
    fun, I have a feeling . . .

8. Default Re: Won the bet.

Not so much impatience as it is sadness at what is happening to ruin the sport. They wanted the pac12 and USL's of the softball world to be bought out and shoved to the side, not respecting the heritage and origin of the sport. Well they almost got their wish.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Well we didnt beat 'em and we arent going to join 'em, so whats next granted he is successful but as many on here whine about regarding other succeasful coaches, how will he get to that "next level" and ensure he isnt waiting on his time until the fat retirement check, aka r.o.a.d. program for those that know.
    When Bob Marlin has our team constantly in the Top 25 but just can't get over the hump of the SECOND round of the NCAA tournament, then let's talk about whether we should treat him and Glasco the same. And Glasco had us last season in what is essentially the Sweet 16 of softball, after upsetting LSU at their place.

Wondering if we have a similar schedule next year conducive to giving us another shot at hosting, provided we take care of business on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    On Jan 1st a few of the softball guys made a bet that I couldn't keep from posting for the duration of the Cajuns softball season. Well they lost. Tomorrow Coach Glasco will conduct exit interviews and start working on his schedule for next season. In my opinion this off season will be the most critical off season of Glasco time here. Next season is his best shot at getting to the WCWS and doing some damage. Key off season questions marks:
    1. What will his coaching staff look like?
    2. Who transfers in?
    3. Who transfers out?
    4. What does the team do different to reach the next level?
    5. Will any incoming or red shirt freshman step up?
    6. How will the schedule play out? Could they be in position to be a national seed? Good times ahead. Geaux Cajuns.
    Did you have a bet whether we'd get out of our own regional?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Did you have a bet whether we'd get out of our own regional?
    Sorry I don't bet against the Cajuns softball team.

13. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Sorry I don't bet against the Cajuns softball team.
    that would be betting on them

When Bob Marlin has our team constantly in the Top 25 but just can't get over the hump of the SECOND round of the NCAA tournament, then let's talk about whether we should treat him and Glasco the same. And Glasco had us last season in what is essentially the Sweet 16 of softball, after upsetting LSU at their place.
    Exactly this.

15. Default Re: Won the bet.

why do we have to bring the big fish into things

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information