Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Won the bet.

Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Nfl and nba makes the schedules for the teams and never cites problems with SOS to determine team with better record losing slot over team with worse record.
    Why do schools have to make their own schedules?
    Both the NFL and NBA have parity across the board, at least in theory, because of the draft and salary caps. No such rules are in effect for the NCAA. The talent difference in the NFL is maybe 5% between the best team and the worst team. The talent difference between Georgia and U Mass is considerably more than that.

2. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Both the NFL and NBA have parity across the board, at least in theory, because of the draft and salary caps. No such rules are in effect for the NCAA. The talent difference in the NFL is maybe 5% between the best team and the worst team. The talent difference between Georgia and U Mass is considerably more than that.
    Great point. Sounds like chicken and the egg!!

3. Default Re: Won the bet.

The nfl doesnt allow 100 man rosters, ergo in college literally half of UGAs players could play for umass instead and thus the gap narrows.
    I am not opposed to a college draft, or a regional version.

4. Default Re: Won the bet.

there will be no draft there will be no limits on free transfer and there will be on cap on NIL

the United States Supreme Court has spoken and each of these would arguably be against the decisions and reasoning of that court

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    The nfl doesnt allow 100 man rosters, ergo in college literally half of UGAs players could play for umass instead and thus the gap narrows.
    I am not opposed to a college draft, or a regional version.
    The roster limits in Pro sports is another factor which levels the playing field to a much greater extent than in college sports.

6. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    there will be no draft there will be no limits on free transfer and there will be on cap on NIL

the United States Supreme Court has spoken and each of these would arguably be against the decisions and reasoning of that court
    Has the USSC looked into how the NCAA steers money to certain unofficial groups of schools, effectively sidelining other schools in the same "official" classification, including but not limited to founding members?

7. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Has the USSC looked into how the NCAA steers money to certain unofficial groups of schools, effectively sidelining other schools in the same "official" classification, including but not limited to founding members?
    matters not. The USSC can’t control how a group distributes money. What it can control are restriction on how athletes make money outside of the system.

I don’t think there will be drafts just like I don’t think there will ever be rules against free transfer because both of those may affect the ability of each athlete to make outside money.

Also, how would you determine the order of draft with 300 schools? It’s just a silly suggestion.

8. Default Re: Won the bet.

matters not. The USSC can’t control how a group distributes money. What it can control are restriction on how athletes make money outside of the system.

I don’t think there will be drafts just like I don’t think there will ever be rules against free transfer because both of those may affect the ability of each athlete to make outside money.

Also, how would you determine the order of draft with 300 schools? It’s just a silly suggestion.
    Are you answering multiple posters at once?

Sounds like the NCAA is being forced to spend money, but you seem to be saying they can give the forced expendatures to whomever they want.

9. Default Re: Won the bet.

Are you answering multiple posters at once?

Sounds like the NCAA is being forced to spend money, but you seem to be saying they can give the forced expendatures to whomever they want.
    my post you responded to addressed three subjects. I addressed your specific question and extended the answer to how a similar question addressed to the other two topics would be addressed.

Now, please go post the post I made in 9221’s thread where he addresses winning,

10. Default Re: Won the bet.

True. Good point. Although the SCOTUS has also ruled against student loan debt forgiveness. Yet we keep getting more of that

11. Default Re: Won the bet.

If SCOTUS says no payment limits, One might start to think nfl salary cap is unconstitutional as well.

Funny how a successful pro team is judged by who can spend less and still win, whereas success in college is who can spend the most

12. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The roster limits in Pro sports is another factor which levels the playing field to a much greater extent than in college sports.
    Imagine a governing body actually wanting to level the playing for ALL of its members

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He isn't leaving.
    lol

14. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He isn't leaving Acadiana
    Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.
    You didn't fix anything for me. Post #23 was in reference to Glasco not leaving, I wasn't talking about Justin. Go read post #1 and #1. I gave you guys hints asking what would the coaching staff look like. Justin leaving is no surprise. Listen to JMV, he will not let you down.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information