Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Won the bet.

Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Wondering if we have a similar schedule next year conducive to giving us another shot at hosting, provided we take care of business on the field?
    This will have to be a yearly shedule.

I am sure we will schedule a very tough group of opponents next year; but I am not sure we will schedule as many Top 5 games as we did this year. That being said, I expect that Texas State will have a drop next year without Jessica Mullins, so we may offset that by adding a few more top 25 and top 50 games out of conference.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I am sure we will schedule a very tough group of opponents next year; but I am not sure we will schedule as many Top 5 games as we did this year. That being said, I expect that Texas State will have a drop next year without Jessica Mullins, so we may offset that by adding a few more top 25 and top 50 games out of conference.
    Quad 1 games are great but we have to stay away from those teams that are constant quad 4 with non winning records. Both our softball & baseball teams have made this mistake in the past on numerous occasions.

Schedule tough but have as many as you can at home. We have travelled enough .

5. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Quad 1 games are great but we have to stay away from those teams that are constant quad 4 with non winning records. Both our softball & baseball teams have made this mistake in the past on numerous occasions.
    what mistake, failed to recognize three or four years in advance that a team who is routinely an acceptable schedule happens to tank for a year . . .

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Schedule tough but have as many as you can at home. We have travelled enough .
    I'm not the RPI expert but I think that makes winning those games a must. On the road allows you to pick up Q1 wins but not get penalized as much for a losss (.7 vs 1.3)

7. Default Re: Won the bet.

once the schedule is made, years in advance for the most part, it's just win baby . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    once the schedule is made, years in advance for the most part, it's just win baby . . .
    Your info is wrong regarding softball/baseball. There are certainly some games scheduled years out but most of the schedule is done on a yearly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I'm not the RPI expert but I think that makes winning those games a must. On the road allows you to pick up Q1 wins but not get penalized as much for a losss (.7 vs 1.3)
    Softball does not penalize home games nor reward road games in the same way baseball does. It does reward road wins, but not as much.

10. Default Re: Won the bet.

Your info is wrong regarding softball/baseball. There are certainly some games scheduled years out but most of the schedule is done on a yearly basis.
    I am not familiar with softball, however for baseball, there are very few games, if any, that are not scheduled 3 or 4 years in advance.

11. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    When Bob Marlin has our team constantly in the Top 25 but just can't get over the hump of the SECOND round of the NCAA tournament, then let's talk about whether we should treat him and Glasco the same. And Glasco had us last season in what is essentially the Sweet 16 of softball, after upsetting LSU at their place.
    If Marlin beat a school that didnt even have a team in that sport after he already had started coaching i dont think you would give him any accolades

12. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    If Marlin beat a school that didnt even have a team in that sport after he already had started coaching i dont think you would give him any accolades
    To get to the often quoted winning 75% of his games, I think he would have had to do just that.

"beat a school that didnt even have a team"

To my knowledge [which is NOT infallible] the only times softball has had those type schools on the schedule is when they are part of an early season tournament to which the Cajuns were invited[SFA this year], or when the school in question is usually a Quad 1 or 2 opponent who has an unexpected down year [See UCA this year], or it is a conference series [See App St this year]

14. Default Re: Won the bet.

Nfl and nba makes the schedules for the teams and never cites problems with SOS to determine team with better record losing slot over team with worse record.
    Why do schools have to make their own schedules?

15. Default Re: Won the bet.

In world cup the schedule is drawn at random. And number of slots for each area/conf are known in advance

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information