Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Won the bet.

Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    My goodness, ran into a long time softball fan (and friend) yesterday that is still bitter over events several years ago. They want CGG run yesterday and JR promoted ASAP. Thought that wound was long healed, but alas, nope. SMH…
    The next head softball coach at UL will not be JR.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    My goodness, ran into a long time softball fan (and friend) yesterday that is still bitter over events several years ago. They want CGG run yesterday and JR promoted ASAP. Thought that wound was long healed, but alas, nope. Seems the divide still exists. SMH…
    Reading the FB comments on the UL Softball page…yep, some people are still eaten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Reading the FB comments on the UL Softball page…yep, some people are still eaten up.
    I don't read it any longer. Too many people are eaten up with the Cajun'! Too much stupid shat!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I have been giving some thought to what we need to accomplish in the off season to complement the very good nucleus of players now on our team. In my opinion, the following needs must be addressed if we are to advance to OKC:

1. An elite pitcher; preferably an experienced one. If she has two or more years of eligibility left, so much the better, but a grad transfer is ok. This could be Delbrey or Ryan, but a transfer or recruit is more likely.

2. Another good defensive catcher with a power bat, so Vic doesn't have to catch every game. This might be addressed internally, as Allred was recruited as a catcher/corner infielder.

3. At least one more quality middle infielder and one more corner infielder, as Ellestad, Roe and Langliers will all be Seniors next year.

4. A long, athletic outfielder with speed and a power bat; Hayden and Falterman will both be Seniors next year.

5. Make sure the Hunter Veaches don't go anywhere else.

Notice the recurring theme of long athletes with speed and power bats; I love our girls who are slappers, but the days of winning at an elite level with small ball are over. Speed still kills; but you want that speed to come with power. I would rather see a hitting lineup of 9 girls with the offensive abilities of Brooke Ellestad than one with 9 Mihyia Davis clones.
    I agree, but I would say this since I don't follow NCAA Softball as much as other and had to do the research. Of the 12 top ranked teams, I counted 8 of them that have a player like Davis at the top of the lineup. Now a few might have had a few Hrs, but where do you find players that have her speed, glove and contact ability? She is a legit All-American that many top programs would love to have. Your program should have the ability to play small ball as well as the ability to hit the ball out the park.JMO

5. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    He was being courted by another "big" program last year. A little bit nervous about this offseason. No inside info on what may come, though.

If we were to lose him to a job like STM, at least it's still part of the community.
    I was told by an athletic department insider earlier this year that Justin was offered the pitching coach position at Virginia last year and seriously contemplated taking it. Glasco supposedly talked him out of accepting it. However, after being effectively neutered by Glasco this year (Glasco took over pitch calling responsibilities about a quarter of the way into the season this year) it wouldn't surprise me at all if Justin looked elsewhere to practice his trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    I was told by an athletic department insider earlier this year that Justin was offered the pitching coach position at Virginia last year and seriously contemplated taking it. Glasco supposedly talked him out of accepting it. However, after being effectively neutered by Glasco this year (Glasco took over pitch calling responsibilities about a quarter of the way into the season this year) it wouldn't surprise me at all if Justin looked elsewhere to practice his trade.
    Virginia softball or baseball?

Were they winning? What was their record at the time?

Baylor beat the heck out of us with small ball on Saturday.

I was just told ACC, but that seems right. Virginia has no history in softball, but Joanna Hardin is there, and she coached at McNeese State before going to Virginia. They only made their second tournament appearance ever this year.

lol

11. Default Re: Won the bet.

Could be an interesting thread as to whether coaches should switch from baseball to softball and/or vice versa.
    Also compare the new generation of coaches to the old, which love the sport more, and which sport for thise switching

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Virginia softball or baseball?
    Softball.

13. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    lol
    looks like Turbine exercising a little editorial license

14. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    No comment.
    You didn’t remember to switch accounts? Lol