Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Won the bet.

Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    1of the 2 redshirt freshman dressed out. The other two players were Vic and Chloe warming up in the bullpen.

The team lost a lot of power without Allred, Piskos and Campbell. We needed those type players in a game like today.
    Vic plays softball? I thought he was just a troll on RP.

On Jan 1st a few of the softball guys made a bet that I couldn't keep from posting for the duration of the Cajuns softball season. Well they lost. Tomorrow Coach Glasco will conduct exit interviews and start working on his schedule for next season. In my opinion this off season will be the most critical off season of Glasco time here. Next season is his best shot at getting to the WCWS and doing some damage. Key off season questions marks:
    1. What will his coaching staff look like?
    2. Who transfers in?
    3. Who transfers out?
    4. What does the team do different to reach the next level?
    5. Will any incoming or red shirt freshman step up?
    6. How will the schedule play out? Could they be in position to be a national seed? Good times ahead. Geaux Cajuns.
    I heard a rumor from a not so reliable source that Justin will be the next head baseball coach at STM? What say you JMV?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I heard a rumor from a not so reliable source that Justin will be the next head baseball coach at STM? What say you JMV?
    He was being courted by another "big" program last year. A little bit nervous about this offseason. No inside info on what may come, though.

If we were to lose him to a job like STM, at least it's still part of the community.

Just an opinion, he isn't going anywhere until after next season. He has too much invested in that top recruiting class to leave them their SR year. He may retire, or goes to another school, or stays 2-3 more years. I have no idea, but I'd bet money on him staying here next season.

5. Default Re: Won the bet.

Justin has two girls. His interest is now 100% softball. I can’t see him not waiting our Coach Glasco’s retirement to hopefully become the Louisiana HSBC. Seems to me that the only resume booster move in that respect would be to take a softball head coaching job somewhere else. I don’t think he is leaving Lafayette as both his family and his wife are local. Not sure such a move would provide better experience than coaching under Glasco and it would be just that HC designation.

6. Default Re: Won the bet.

No comment.

I'm sure he is valued around the area for his baseball knowledge. Good for him if he gets the job.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Just an opinion, he isn't going anywhere until after next season. He has too much invested in that top recruiting class to leave them their SR year. He may retire, or goes to another school, or stays 2-3 more years. I have no idea, but I'd bet money on him staying here next season.
    He isn't leaving.

Vic plays softball? I thought he was just a troll on RP.
    Victoria Valdez (Vic)

10. Default Re: Won the bet.

He was posting last night regardless, did he cause the season to end early just to win a bet?

I'm sure he is valued around the area for his baseball knowledge. Good for him if he gets the job.
    Don't know why anyone would want the STM baseball job after how they treated the last coach.

12. Default Re: Won the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Good to hear. I like Coach Glasco.
    Well we didnt beat 'em and we arent going to join 'em, so whats next granted he is successful but as many on here whine about regarding other succeasful coaches, how will he get to that "next level" and ensure he isnt waiting on his time until the fat retirement check, aka r.o.a.d. program for those that know.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Don't know why anyone would want the STM baseball job after how they treated the last coach.
    Kind of heard he was interviewing for the Pilots pitching coach job. Any truth to that?

Kind of heard he was interviewing for the Pilots pitching coach job. Any truth to that?
    Interview already happened. Unfortunately he turned down our offer of doing the job for free like everyone else. lol

My goodness, ran into a long time softball fan (and friend) yesterday that is still bitter over events several years ago. They want CGG run yesterday and JR promoted ASAP. Thought that wound was long healed, but alas, nope. Seems the divide still exists. SMH…

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information