Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Lafayette Regional Finale: Louisiana 3, Baylor 4

Default Re: Lafayette Regional Finale: Louisiana 3, Baylor 4

Hats off to Baylor. They played the Cajuns six times here. Won 4. Interestingly, the first three games were more competitive. In the regional, only the last game was. Great rivals. Hope we keep them on the schedule.
    Now let’s go get better.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    TSAB had a ridiculously soft regional. Jackson State, SIU, and Cal, really?
    Essentially one of their early season home tournaments. Only had to play Jackson State once and SIU twice. SIU had won a lot but played an easy schedule. Soft is an overstatement for that path.

3. Default Re: Lafayette Regional Finale: Louisiana 3, Baylor 4

Have they ever thought of adding the scores together for all game against each other?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Essentially one of their early season home tournaments. Only had to play Jackson State once and SIU twice. SIU had won a lot but played an easy schedule. Soft is an overstatement for that path.
    Very true. Now they will have to face a real pitcher. One of the few who is elite.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Very true. Now they will have to face a real pitcher. One of the few who is elite.
    Canady was next level when we faced them in February. Demoralizing. 1 hit, double digit strikeouts and didn't even reach 80 pitches in a complete 7 inning game.

Good luck with that, TSAB. (not really)

6. Default Re: Lafayette Regional Finale: Louisiana 3, Baylor 4

The same thing will happen in baseball mark my words we will get a 2 seed at A&M and TSAB will get a 3 seed to Indiana State

7. Default Re: Lafayette Regional Finale: Louisiana 3, Baylor 4

Now the season is over, it didn't turn out as most of us would have liked. The team overall played well, some nice plays and some not so, but that is the game. Do wonder what might have happened if two of the seniors had not left before the season ended. I was most happy was to see many former players (Julie, Haley, Madison, Kelli, Cassidy, Taylor, Mélissa, and I know some others) in the stands and cheering the crowd on. I think its a tribute to those girls foremost and secondly the love the fans have showed them while they played hear. Hopefully the girls on the team now, will do the same one day as well. Many of them have another year, and I hope all of them stay to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The social media comments are expectedly harsh. Still sending her, though.

Not the reason we lost. Miscues in the field did that. Especially Ellestad missing that ball thrown from the outfield to let that runner get to 3rd. That was the game winner.
    I'm willing to bet 9 out 10 coaches send her home. People act like she was out by a mile; it took a perfect throw to get her out at the plate. Six inches either way and she is safe. You are trying to win the darn game! BTW, a costly error and your ace was unable to hold them. What makes people think Baylor wasn't going to score again. The stats say the Cajuns have 1 win after 6 innings and trailing, if find the stat very revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm willing to bet 9 out 10 coaches send her home. People act like she was out by a mile; it took a perfect throw to get her out at the plate. Six inches either way and she is safe. You are trying to win the darn game! BTW, a costly error and your ace was unable to hold them. What makes people think Baylor wasn't going to score again. The stats say the Cajuns have 1 win after 6 innings and trailing, if find the stat very revealing.
    I'm more concerned that the on deck batter wasn't directing a slide. She went straight in.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I'm more concerned that the on deck batter wasn't directing a slide. She went straight in.
    The throw to the plate was perfectly placed. Don't think it would have made a difference how she went in.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    In addition to the error, one of the main reasons for the loss was something that has plagued us much of the season, leaving way too many runners on base and getting the 2 out hit. We left 9 on in the final game yesterday, and left 10 on in the 2nd Princeton game.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    The throw to the plate was perfectly placed. Don't think it would have made a difference how she went in.
    May not, but I've seen some crazy situations in diamond sports since replay has been implemented. For example, sliding to the outside of the plate with left hand pulled back could be just enough to sneak a fingertip in on the other hand. It's something that many teams take time to practice going through the motions. You may go your entire career without needing to do it, but there could be that one time.

clarification - not blaming the loss on this

I think a hook slide could have made the difference. It seems like the preferable way to slide in home now.

We didn't hit the ball well enough in clutch situations to win. Eventhough we scored three runs only one was earned. In a perfectly played game, the Cajuns lose that game, AND we out hit them nine to eight.

We had many opportunities early to really get them by the neck and didn't, then Crandall settled in and we were behind the 8-ball.

I think it was good matchup and Baylor played better and deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    In addition to the error, one of the main reasons for the loss was something that has plagued us much of the season, leaving way too many runners on base and getting the 2 out hit. We left 9 on in the final game yesterday, and left 10 on in the 2nd Princeton game.
    Game of inches in the first couple of innings. Two early SFs plated 2 runs. If either hits the gap or clears the fence, Cajuns headed to Gainesville.

CGG will be fine. He owned sending the runner post game. Just needs to get a next level pitcher or two with nerves of steel.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information