Thread: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

1. UL Softball SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

The No. 13 national seed Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team will meet Baylor at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18 in the winner's bracket final of the NCAA Lafayette Regional at Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park.

2. Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

The No. 13 national seed Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team will meet Baylor at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18 in the winner's bracket final of the NCAA Lafayette Regional at Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park.

….I hadn’t been to the ladies park in a while…but the signs all over about Yvette Girouard park are way overboard….sure she is deserving, but the outfield fence in 2 places and the circle around home plate are taking area away that should spotlight our Louisiana and Ragin Cajun names… again not taking away from her USL years but maybe a lil more Ragin’ Cajun, UL, and Louisiana!

3. Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….I hadn’t been to the ladies park in a while…but the signs all over about Yvette Girouard park are way overboard….sure she is deserving, but the outfield fence in 2 places and the circle around home plate are taking area away that should spotlight our Louisiana and Ragin Cajun names… again not taking away from her USL years but maybe a lil more Ragin’ Cajun, UL, and Louisiana!
    he has a point

4. Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

Im old enough to remember when the voice of the cajuns insisted that public schools playing private schools were "not a good fit"

5. Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    he has a point
    And an eloquent point!

Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

he has a point
    Agree. She deserves the accolades, but just remove the name around home plate. The 2 banners in the outfield says it all.

7. Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Agree. She deserves the accolades, but just remove the name around home plate. The 2 banners in the outfield says it all.
    1 would be sufficient with maybe a LOUISIANA on each side

If we going to be Louisiana, IT NEEDS TO BE LOUISIANA around home plate

Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

I say leave the home plate name, but on the outfield fence, honor all American players with name,number, and year earned. Dare I ask if any softball players numbers have been retired?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I say leave the home plate name, but on the outfield fence, honor all American players with name,number, and year earned. Dare I ask if any softball players numbers have been retired?
    There would be so many names listed, the outfield would be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    There would be so many names listed, the outfield would be covered.
    And we’d pretty much be out of numbers by now

11. Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    if there is anywhere it should not be is behind the plate

We are University of Louisiana, not University of Evette Girourd

12. Default Re: SB: Louisiana to Meet Baylor in Winner’s Bracket Play of NCAA Regional

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    And we’d pretty much be out of numbers by now
    Lol

if there is anywhere it should not be is behind the plate

We are University of Louisiana, not University of Evette Girourd
    Amen

Thread Information