Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

Well lets look at Zeon Chris he only played a year. We recruited him out of high school.

These kids owe us no loyalty. It has always been a job and always been about money.

I know the fan doesnt want to see it that way, but that goes from the coach all the way down to the players.

Some businesses can pay more and offer more then other businesses.

Obviously it went so far that another program(business) was offering him and trying to get him into the transfer portal to offer him a NIL deal to sign(get hired for more money) with that program(business).

Which is illegal and unethical, but it was still done.

Just a reality ! Now it is cutthroat, and wide open for the world to see.

Name:  IMG_7640.gif
Views: 187
Size:  1.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    From what I understand he is letting ulm be the last chance U of D1. The plan is to help these kids get back on their feet and to bigger schools if they want. It's a crap shoot but for ulm what do they have to lose.
    Every G5 in the country is now "last chance U" who succeeds will depend on who accepts it faster

I would bet against us being on the leading edge of anything

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think he is at wku now.
    Somehow TX State failed upwards with that debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Every G5 in the country is now "last chance U" who succeeds will depend on who accepts it faster

I would bet against us being on the leading edge of anything
    A lot of kids still want playing time. I would be raiding 2nd - 3rd string blue bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    A lot of kids still want playing time. I would be raiding 2nd - 3rd string blue bloods.
    Exactly! How many kids sign with big schools that ride the bench who will never ever get playing time? They see the big program, the 90k seat stadium and sell out crowds and say i got a scholarship to a big school, and never play?

How many kids are mis-evaluated and remain on the practice squad?

How many kids ride the bench because coaches show favoritism towards another player, or maybe they were never put in a game situation and excel if given an opportunity?

This happens every year!!

We need to find these players and give them a chance, and if we did that and pick up the right players we would be ahead of the pack.

6. Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

lots of “ifs”

I’m running into more and more former fervent donors across multiple universities that, due to NIL, are done and walked away. A common theme is they’re putting up money for their own child to attend college yet their program needs 6 figure money to give an athlete with zero loyalty. That P2 money will only go so far in time.

It will all crash and burn one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Who does TJ play for today?
    TJ left because they brought in a stud QB from AZ who enrolled and left a few days later. Now TX ST has the reining sunbelt player of the year on their rooster QB from JMU.

9. Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    lots of “ifs”
    "ifs" have always been a part of the game.

"ifs" and inches.

10. Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "ifs" have always been a part of the game.

"ifs" and inches.
    the game is the game, no if’s ands or buts . . .

11. Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

The Napier era and Des era are not the same. Billy didn't have to worry about the transfer portal nor NIL. Michael has had those issues since he was named head coach. And Billy isn't exactly setting the water on fire in Gainsville Florida. Saying he has his back up against the wall is an understatement.

Building a roster is now year to year and the quicker everyone involved learns that, the better. It’s no longer about developing a roster with high school kids bc you will no longer benefit if you succeed.

Go out and build your roster year to year. Loyalty is out the window and let’s be honest, there was never loyalty. I see tons of former players rocking purple and gold, loyalty has always been an illusion.

13. Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    the game is the game, no if’s ands or buts . . .
    LOL nice.

Except opponents keep throwing in "if" balls.

14. Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Bullet View Post
    The Napier era and Des era are not the same. Billy didn't have to worry about the transfer portal nor NIL. Michael has had those issues since he was named head coach. And Billy isn't exactly setting the water on fire in Gainsville Florida. Saying he has his back up against the wall is an understatement.
    And Napier did not have to worry about his leaving head coach poaching the lions share of his talent as he departed. People need to just quit trying to lay the Napier standard on CMD. Their respective issues and what each has to deal with are as different as apples and oranges.

15. Default Re: Recruiting: ULM vs. Louisiana Football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    LOL nice.

Except opponents keep throwing in "if" balls.
    what is an “if” ball

looked in Wikipedia, Black’s law dictionary and Websters dictionary and did not find a thing on the subject

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information