Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Missouri State to CUSA

Default Missouri State to CUSA

Default Re: Missouri State to CUSA

So are we going there for football in 2025????

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That's a school I've been watching for a couple of decades, a real sleeper. I'm surprised they didn't move up years ago. I believe the 'Belt talked to them some years back, they said they weren't ready.

We need to see how they do. They might be a nice fit for the SBC, expand our footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    That's a school I've been watching for a couple of decades, a real sleeper. I'm surprised they didn't move up years ago. I believe the 'Belt talked to them some years back, they said they weren't ready.

We need to see how they do. They might be a nice fit for the SBC, expand our footprint.
    According to BOP and others who know way more than I do, no more expansion will happen without a Central Time Zone school involved.

I believe that of all the schools in this area that would say yes NOW, the next school up for expansion is WKU. Missouri State needs to get serious about football to be in this conversation.

If circumstances change in the coming years, and they seem to change often, perhaps a more established brand might become available. If things don't change, the next addition just might be either Missouri State or WKU.

I think the dark horse to keep an eye on for expansion is Kennesaw State. I've heard that if we were to lose Georgia State, and we almost did a couple years ago, the SBC would quickly bring in KSU as a replacement. That school has a HUGE ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    According to BOP and others who know way more than I do, no more expansion will happen without a Central Time Zone school involved.

I think the dark horse to keep an eye on for expansion is Kennesaw State. I've heard that if we were to lose Georgia State, and we almost did a couple years ago, the SBC would quickly bring in KSU as a replacement. That school has a HUGE ceiling.
    I agree. Public R2 University with 40K undergrads and over 5K grad students. And they are hungry to move up on the athletic front. They are also in Cobb County which is one of the more affluent zip codes in Georgia. However I agree it works only if we are trading out another East Coast School.

Our options for a Central Time Zone school are limited in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I am enjoying CDOA signing up the equivalent of Animal’s House characters Mohammad, Jugdish, Clayton and Lonnie.

Look down the road long term with the eastern block of the SBC. Setting up very nicely to break away especially if they get more EST zone adds.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I am enjoying CDOA signing up the equivalent of Animal’s House characters Mohammad, Jugdish, Clayton and Lonnie.

Look down the road long term with the eastern block of the SBC. Setting up very nicely to break away especially if they get more EST zone adds.
    I think there will be massive reshuffling soon. G5 landscape will look completely different.

8. Default Re: Missouri State to CUSA

I know who knows . . . nobody knows

get with him

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I think there will be massive reshuffling soon. G5 landscape will look completely different.
    We can only hope that a big reshuffle happens and that it is focused on regionality. If it were to happen, I believe our best path forward would be in a Texas based league that would be the de facto lower division of the Big 12.

Well, let me just be very frank and very direct. There is no conversation at the Sun Belt Conference nor is there any interest and uhhh, I don't know how direct I can be with that. I think if I were in Missouri State's position, I would be trying to figure out a way to move up to a level like the Sun Belt Conference. And so uhhh, congratulations on that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Well, let me just be very frank and very direct. There is no conversation at the Sun Belt Conference nor is there any interest and uhhh, I don't know how direct I can be with that. I think if I were in Missouri State's position, I would be trying to figure out a way to move up to a level like the Sun Belt Conference. And so uhhh, congratulations on that conversation.
    Tommy Mac approves this message. Nicely done sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Tommy Mac approves this message. Nicely done sir.
    Yes, eventually every program that is left behind like Oregon State and Washington State in the P5, will simply be a G5 program on our level. I really don't care what conference Missouri State joins. They have no bearing on our conference or program.

13. Default Re: Missouri State to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, eventually every program that is left behind like Oregon State and Washington State in the P5, will simply be a G5 program on our level. I really don't care what conference Missouri State joins. They have no bearing on our conference or program.
    this right here

This would be an Excellent addition to the Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    This would be an Excellent addition to the Belt.
    No thanks. The only additions we need would be if Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, or ECU would be interested. Otherwise, stand pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information