Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

Would really like to see the RPI keep trending like it has. If they can stay hot, would be nice to avoid Texas A&M if possible. If can get a nice 2-seed RPI, could help with a good bracket.

I think this team could do something special in the postseason but this team particularly needs the right bracket.

3. Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

And with free transfer and NIL, the schedule maker has even less chance of a reliable forecast. Do you think Alabama looked at its schedule for this year and thought Holman would be taking the mound for LSU on Saturday.

4. Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Would really like to see the RPI keep trending like it has. If they can stay hot, would be nice to avoid Texas A&M if possible. If can get a nice 2-seed RPI, could help with a good bracket.

I think this team could do something special in the postseason but this team particularly needs the right bracket.
    Getting a little boost from Tulane moving back into the Top 100, hopefully they can stay hot. Usually not much movement on a Monday, but we need to be NwSt fans today as they play UNO on a Monday that could help with a small boost in RPI points. So far it is 0-0 in the bottom of the 2nd inning.

5. Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And with free transfer and NIL, the schedule maker has even less chance of a reliable forecast. Do you think Alabama looked at its schedule for this year and thought Holman would be taking the mound for LSU on Saturday.
    I don't think Alabama had much of a decision to make in scheduling LSU.

6. Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't think Alabama had much of a decision to make in scheduling LSU.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with my point, however that is often missing on your part. He could well have been playing for Houston, Rice or any other of our opponents when the schedule was made. That happened in one year, just think the potential movement in 3 to 4 years not to mention that now Covid years are gone so year 3 and 4 players are gone also when the scheduled game is played.

7. Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

update.

Northwestern State is beating UNO 8-0 now.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    update.

Northwestern State is beating UNO 8-0 now.
    The RPI result of that game is very minuscule (NW St win or loss) for the Cajuns. 2.1 points if NWSU wins and just -1.4 if they lose.

And without any shot at being a host, RPI pretty much doesn’t matter anymore. The Cajuns will be in a regional as one of the “middle teams” (they ‘supposedly’ don’t seed 2-4 in each region).

And with the stupid “bus rules” the committee has, that are used only when convenient, you can expect the Cajuns to be in College Station pretty much regardless of what happens the rest of the way

Agree. Lock up the regular season this coming weekend and we're in. Last few games and tournament are a chance to fine tune some things and build/keep some momentum. It would be fun to face App State and James Madison in the tourney since we missed them in the regular season. It could happen since they are current 4/5.

10. Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    The RPI result of that game is very minuscule (NW St win or loss) for the Cajuns. 2.1 points if NWSU wins and just -1.4 if they lose.

And without any shot at being a host, RPI pretty much doesn’t matter anymore. The Cajuns will be in a regional as one of the “middle teams” (they ‘supposedly’ don’t seed 2-4 in each region).

And with the stupid “bus rules” the committee has, that are used only when convenient, you can expect the Cajuns to be in College Station pretty much regardless of what happens the rest of the way
    I know it is miniscule and I was pointing that out, that normally we don't get anything on a monday. At this point in the season and the fact that we are so close to 38, rather than 39, every little bit helps. I am a Demon fan today, we can use all of the upticks we can get.

NCBWA has us back in the poll at #22
    https://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/.ivision-i-poll

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Hang On, if the 2-4 are seeded in each regional, how does the committee determine who will play the host for game 1? Also, if both matched hosts lose, how you gonna figure who hosts the SR round?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Hang On, if the 2-4 are seeded in each regional, how does the committee determine who will play the host for game 1? Also, if both matched hosts lose, how you gonna figure who hosts the SR round?
    I believe only the top 16 are guaranteed to host if they are the highest remaining in the SR. After that, other schools will have sent bids to the NCAA for selection.

The man behind the curtain will decide all hosts in case of #1's falling

15. Default Re: Baseball Rankings 2024 May 13

I believe only already approved hosts can be selected. If neither of the remaining teams have applied and been approved, I believe the super would then be at an already approved neutral site.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information