Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

We're playing Georgia State again? We got jokes. Aiiiight let's geaux.

2. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Considering that all our pitching staff could be hurt by season end, it is hard to project that Louisiana will be a seed at all . . . Such a projection might be dumb. I’m very concerned about the number of pitches our three starters (LV included) threw this weekend and see Lege and Deggs utilizing that same format this coming weekend and for the conference tournament. Keep all our pitchers in your prayers, because they will surely need it.

Chartreuse 10 inch worm.
    LOL.

Brian

3. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Considering that all our pitching staff could be hurt by season end, it is hard to project that Louisiana will be a seed at all . . . Such a projection might be dumb. I’m very concerned about the number of pitches our three starters (LV included) threw this weekend and see Lege and Deggs utilizing that same format this coming weekend and for the conference tournament. Keep all our pitchers in your prayers, because they will surely need it.

Chartreuse 10 inch worm.
    It is our hitters that will take us to the dance and keep up on the track like a finely tuned FastCar.

Our hitters will ROAR in the post season. They will also excel with small ball and with putting pressure on the defense easing the role of our pitching staff.

GRAUX CAJUNS

Chartreuse 10 inch worm.
    This is pure gold

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This is pure gold
    I think you meant stupid, but I don't know it all

Good Ole' Miss

7. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Good Ole' Miss
    if you going to miss, might as well be an Ole’ Miss

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I am traveling to Florida (beach) in advance of the conference tournament, so have not had a chance to update my calculations. But will get to it in a couple of days.

I can say that the Cajuns could probably get into the mid 20’s if everything fell right. But the Cajuns do not have a hosting resume. That has not changed. The Cajuns could finish with an RPI ranking of 16 and they would not be hosting. They did not build a schedule for hosting.

At the moment, the Cajuns would be a #3 seed (along with USM). Forget what you see in the various bracket predictions. But they can get to a 2 with a solid finish.

Brian
    I think have to take a second to recognize what UL is accomplishing. As Brian said, Cajuns did not have a schedule that could get them a host site. And honestly they probably had to win the league to get in period.

It’s nice to see they are in a conference whose reg season championship means something to the NCAA committee. Similar in softball now too.

Definitely not the case in basketball. As seen with James Madison, they basically flew through their reg season and were on the outside looking in had they not won the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I think have to take a second to recognize what UL is accomplishing. As Brian said, Cajuns did not have a schedule that could get them a host site. And honestly they probably had to win the league to get in period.

It’s nice to see they are in a conference whose reg season championship means something to the NCAA committee. Similar in softball now too.

Definitely not the case in basketball. As seen with James Madison, they basically flew through their reg season and were on the outside looking in had they not won the tournament.
    We need to get Brian to visit with Bab. Scheduling.

10. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    We need to get Brian to visit with Bab. Scheduling.
    We not going to do or regularly do midweek games with an overnight stay. We are also going to have weekend series with the same teams. So, when the teams within the bus their bus back distance are not as strong as historically they may be or may have been, this is what happens. Bab has no crystal ball and neither does GG.

We not going to do or regularly do midweek games with an overnight stay. We are also going to have weekend series with the same teams. So, when the teams within the bus their bus back distance are not as strong as historically they may be or may have been, this is what happens. Bab has no crystal ball and neither does GG.
    I hear you. but there are some things that could easily be done. At least one more road series pre-conference would help. I would think a midweek Tuesday/Wednesday series away vs a traditionally good RPI team would be doable. (similar to what Coastal did vs. Creighton this year - but with better results - maybe like a Dallas Baptist or TCU). Mississippi State, Ole Miss, A&M, and of course Houston should be on the radar for mid-weeks. Several other options in near-by states - long drives - but doable.

Chartreuse 10 inch worm.
    Maybe we should just forget this weekend. I guess the players should Door Dash and just stay in cold tubs until they go to Montgomery. No use risking it. lol

Chartreuse 10 inch worm.
    All that negativity

I was talking to someone about this a few days ago. And came to the same conclusion. Unless you’re willing to do overnight stays for midweek games, the options are what they are.

Teams like Ole Miss, Miss State, DBU, Texas A&M etc are all 5 to 6 hour bus trips…one way. You’re stuck hoping the teams in your area have good years, and outside of La Tech, none of them did.

You also want to have a home series or two in the pre-conference season. And need those teams to have good seasons. Wright St will likely make a regional again this year but they have had a disappointing season with what they had coming back. Rice shouldn’t be on the schedule anymore. That program has nose dived in a big way.

15. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

My only point was that neither Babb or GG have crystal balls and there are travel constraints which limit the field. To in any way use hindsight to short Babb in this respect is not only unreasonable but is distasteful.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information