Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Now hang on. RPI isn’t the only criteria. Win/Loss. Home stadium. Environment for the Regional. All in our favor

Can you imagine 6,033 plus SRO crammed into the Tigue for a regional? That place will come unglued. It may not happen this June, but it will happen.

Someone come in with the facts to quash this foolishness!
    While we’re at it, which 4 wins that we COULD have won would put us in contention to host?

Congrats to the team. They have put together a great season! 3 years in a row in a regional is what we all hoped/ expected when Deggs got this gig

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    While we’re at it, which 4 wins that we COULD have won would put us in contention to host?

Congrats to the team. They have put together a great season! 3 years in a row in a regional is what we all hoped/ expected when Deggs got this gig
    Any 4. But Houston Christian, Houston, rice, and Tulane Friday games all hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post

DEGGS does strange/confusing things at times But no one can question the results

Name:  20240512_193919.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  315.6 KB

Name:  20240512_195040.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  329.1 KB

Name:  20240512_194858.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  385.3 KB

$12 | Wally World | Pinhook

Get one for your brother, uncle, bar maid at the watering hole.

LFG | 2024

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    DEGGS does strange/confusing things at times But no one can question the results
    They can and do because they don’t like him. He is a different guy and gives zero f’s, which I think is needed. We cannot do it the same way as the big boys, we have to compete differently. Players coming in should not be surprised by his demands.

I certainly don’t agree with his approach and tone at times, but I respect his baseball knowledge and his commitment to doing things his way. I do believe his approach requires recruiting guys with certain ‘makeups’, but he has shown an ability to do that.

I am very pleased with this season as I really don’t see this as a ‘40 win talented’ team, but they are definitely a ‘40 win gutsy’ team, and that is a direct reflection of Coach Deggs.

Cajuns 12th in the country in runs allowed and 3rd in hits allowed.

9. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Cajuns 12th in the country in runs allowed and 3rd in hits allowed.
    What are they in pinch hit bombs in one inning? Don't know if they keep stats on that but dang I've never seen that.

Giving up 9 runs in 4 games this week helps those scoring stats. The PH bombs was probably one of the more enjoyable innings in the dugout this season I’d imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    What a response from this team after the Troy series
    Yes, after last week's criticism they deserve credit for the sweep this weekend. Outstanding work on the mound by LP, Morgan and Fluno.

12. UL Baseball Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan20 View Post
    That is awesome stuff. Quick ask for Brian? : If we sweep South Alabama and run the table in the conference tournament will our RPI get into the 20s? Would that get us into the conversation to host.
    I am traveling to Florida (beach) in advance of the conference tournament, so have not had a chance to update my calculations. But will get to it in a couple of days.

I can say that the Cajuns could probably get into the mid 20’s if everything fell right. But the Cajuns do not have a hosting resume. That has not changed. The Cajuns could finish with an RPI ranking of 16 and they would not be hosting. They did not build a schedule for hosting.

At the moment, the Cajuns would be a #3 seed (along with USM). Forget what you see in the various bracket predictions. But they can get to a 2 with a solid finish.

Brian

13. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Any 4. But Houston Christian, Houston, rice, and Tulane Friday games all hurt.
    All of the home losses hurt equally. As did all of the road losses. As did all of the neutral losses.

Brian

Are we considered a weak #2 seed?

15. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Georgia State 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Are we considered a weak #2 seed?
    Considering that all our pitching staff could be hurt by season end, it is hard to project that Louisiana will be a seed at all . . . Such a projection might be dumb. I’m very concerned about the number of pitches our three starters (LV included) threw this weekend and see Lege and Deggs utilizing that same format this coming weekend and for the conference tournament. Keep all our pitchers in your prayers, because they will surely need it.

Chartreuse 10 inch worm.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information