View Poll Results: Will Louisiana Softball Host a Regional?

Voters
107. This poll is closed
  • Yes

76 71.03%
  • No

31 28.97%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Will Louisiana Softball Host a Regional?

Default Re: Will Louisiana Softball Hosts a Regional?

No. With LSU A&M BR with an RPI of 3 there is no way they don't get to host. I doubt the committee will decide to have two regionals within 60 miles of each other. We will be a 2 seed in baton rouge or a regional in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    No. With LSU A&M BR with an RPI of 3 there is no way they don't get to host. I doubt the committee will decide to have two regionals within 60 miles of each other. We will be a 2 seed in baton rouge or a regional in Texas.
    Plenty of regionals have been in close geographical areas.

Even if we do host, I can see us being paired against whoever gets the #1 seed. They may not be able to screw us out of host spot, but they sure can still give us the worst super pairing possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Don't ever assume the committee will be fair with us. If we lose today, I think they'll screw us again. Hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    All that is true, but you're still assuming the selection process will be fair. It has not been in the past.
    Provide examples please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Plenty of regionals have been in close geographical areas.
    Correct but those were probably at P5(4) schools. The NCAA & ESPN do not want schools like us the succeed or be promoted. Our school doesn't exist and doesn't deserve to exist in their view. We are "fly over country"

Correct but those were probably at P5(4) schools. The NCAA & ESPN do not want schools like us the succeed or be promoted. Our school doesn't exist and doesn't deserve to exist in their view. We are "fly over country"
    Both UL and LSU hosted in 2016.

Yes we are hosting.

Both UL and LSU hosted in 2016.
    Don’t bring facts into a good conspiracy theory. I need to hear more about how everyone is out to screw us.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Don’t bring facts into a good conspiracy theory. I need to hear more about how everyone is out to screw us.
    Oh there are plenty out to screw us just not in this situation.

10. UL Softball Re: Will Louisiana Softball Hosts a Regional?

I mentioned a few weeks ago that both Louisiana and LSU hosted regionals in 2015 and 2016 (back to back years). The Cajuns were a #13 seed in 2015 and a #14 seed in 2016. LSU was a #5 and #10 respectively.

Brian

Looks like Bama, FSU, UL and maybe TXST for the 14-16 seeds. Not sure how much TXST moved up in RPI but we have a better resume, we’re 2-2 head to head. We’re regular season champs. They won the conference.

Bama was 1 and done in the sec tournament. Only won 1 series in conference and finished 9th in the regular season.

Not sure what FSU has done, but they lost to a good Duke team in the ACC finals.

12. Default Re: Will Louisiana Softball Hosts a Regional?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Looks like Bama, FSU, UL and maybe TXST for the 14-16 seeds. Not sure how much TXST moved up in RPI but we have a better resume, we’re 2-2 head to head. We’re regular season champs. They won the conference.

Bama was 1 and done in the sec tournament. Only won 1 series in conference and finished 9th in the regular season.

Not sure what FSU has done, but they lost to a good Duke team in the ACC finals.
    Texas State remains at #17. There was (and still is) a large gap between them and #15 Texas A&M and #16 Alabama.

Brian

Texas state is not hosting. Bama is hosting. That's because of attendance at the Roadhouse and how much money it will bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Texas state is not hosting. Bama is hosting. That's because of attendance at the Roadhouse and how much money it will bring in.
    If they host it has nothing to do with the money. Schools submit bids to meet requirements. The committee has no clue on financials and don't care.

If they host it has nothing to do with the money. Schools submit bids to meet requirements. The committee has no clue on financials and don't care.

Believe that!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information