View Poll Results: Will Louisiana Softball Host a Regional?

Voters
107. This poll is closed
  • Yes

76 71.03%
  • No

31 28.97%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Will Louisiana Softball Host a Regional?

Default Re: Will Louisiana Softball Hosts a Regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    If they host it has nothing to do with the money. Schools submit bids to meet requirements. The committee has no clue on financials and don't care.

LOL

If they host it has nothing to do with the money. Schools submit bids to meet requirements. Committee has no clue on finan ials and don't care.
    The committee is human and has biases. We’ve watched too many selection shows and know this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The committee is human and has biases. We’ve watched too many selection shows and know this.
    Do you. or anyone else posting on this thread have clue how the committees work or who is on them?

You watch a selection show and make a deduction off that? I've spent 30 years plus digging into all that goes into the process and have had untold conversations with those involved and still have my connections to this day.

Yeah they get it wrong on occasion but it isn't because of the bias many of you think it is.

Default Re: Will Louisiana Softball Host a Regional?

I, for one, remember when the committee got it wrong for Washington and the entire team got up and walked off camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I, for one, remember when the committee got it wrong for Washington and the entire team got up and walked off camera.
    I remember that for sure. They were not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    To be clear. they hosted as a 16 seed with an RPI of 16. They weren't happy with that. Argument could be made for them. Seeding will always be controversial.

Last year was one of the biggest injustices in the history of seeding. Alabama, by most experts, was expected to get a 12 seed. Instead, they got a five. Why? Montana Foutz. Not only a number five seed, but, pretty much, a gimme to the World Series. What happened when they got there? Two and barbecue. The committee got it totally wrong.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Last year was one of the biggest injustices in the history of bbc seeding. Alabama, by most experts, you was expected to get a 12 seed. Instead, they got a five. Why? Montana Foutz. Not only a number five seed, but, pretty much, a gimme to the World Series. What happened when they got there? Two and barbecue. The committee got it totally wrong.
    I think you right. Montana Foutz was much closer to a 10 than a 5. They got that wrong.

And if I recall, the third basewoman was pretty hot.

I believe the Cajuns will host. Thanks to Brian I am feeling more confident with all the information on RPI and other teams he is delivering. Thinking 14 or 15 seed but hoping somehow for 13 seed (A person can wish). Would like to avoid being paired up with Texas or Oklahoma in super.

Do you. or anyone else posting on this thread have clue how the committees work or who is on them?

You watch a selection show and make a deduction off that? I've spent 30 years plus digging into all that goes into the process and have had untold conversations with those involved and still have my connections to this day.

Yeah they get it wrong on occasion but it isn't because of the bias many of you think it is.
    Nice. Is Jessica Leger still on the committee?

This is a fan board and UL is in the conversation at selection time every year. So I think it's fair that we make assumptions based on history.

The committee have a tough job, no doubt. They look at schedules, metrics, performance. But they are also human and have influences.

Year after year you see them include most if not all SEC teams. Several bottom feeders that have around a .300 winning percentage in conference and probably a 60 to 80+ non conference schedule. Then like a 10 and 20 quad 1 record that is a benefit of running into a few wins as a result of playing in a good conference.

Teams that don't make an effort to have a decent OOC schedule and are the benefactors of getting their butts beat in conference should be out. Take Ole Miss this year. They are probably in.

For a bias point, take Alabama last year. The committee feel it right to move a team that's in the back half of the seeding to a national seed? Based on what? A justification that they made in that room.

If you don't think things like name, status, potential tv numbers come into play, you're fooling yourself. But hey, this is just a fan perspective.

RPI is a formula. It's imperfect. It's not the only thing that matters, but many teams get left out year after year based on that + the committee picking and choosing names.

I'm not in that room. But after about 16 years of following the sport and selection day, the optics don't change. You may know something different, but me and most on this board, we're fans and we know what we see.

As an edit, I think the baseball committee does it better. Don't know why. Just a perception from a fan. I don’t hate all committees.

Nice. Is Jessica Leger still on the committee?

This is a fan board and UL is in the conversation at selection time every year. So I think it's fair that we make assumptions based on history.

The committee have a tough job, no doubt. They look at schedules, metrics, performance. But they are also human and have influences.

Year after year you see them include most if not all SEC teams. Several bottom feeders that have around a .300 winning percentage in conference and probably a 60 to 80+ non conference schedule. Then like a 10 and 20 quad 1 record that is a benefit of running into a few wins as a result of playing in a good conference.

Teams that don't make an effort to have a decent OOC schedule and are the benefactors of getting their butts beat in conference should be out. Take Ole Miss this year. They are probably in.

For a bias point, take Alabama last year. The committee feel it right to move a team that's in the back half of the seeding to a national seed? Based on what? A justification that they made in that room.

If you don't think things like name, status, potential tv numbers come into play, you're fooling yourself. But hey, this is just a fan perspective.

RPI is a formula. It's imperfect. It's not the only thing that matters, but many teams get left out year after year based on that + the committee picking and choosing names.

I'm not in that room. But after about 16 years of following the sport and selection day, the optics don't change. You may know something different, but me and most on this board, we're fans and we know what we see.

As an edit, I think the baseball committee does it better. Don't know why. Just a perception from a fan. I don’t hate all committees.
    The committee was very clear why Alabama was seeded the way they were. Six top ten wins and nine top 25 wins. They also performed well against many of the other host teams.

The committee was very clear why Alabama was seeded the way they were. Six top ten wins and nine top 25 wins. They also performed well against many of the other host teams.
    The committee? Are you part of the Rebounders club too.

From a 12 RPI to a 5 (national) seed? Jumping the Cajuns. Catch yourself on.

13. Default Re: Will Louisiana Softball Hosts a Regional?

The committee? Are you part of the Rebounders club too.

From a 12 RPI to a 5 (national) seed? Jumping the Cajuns. Catch yourself on.
    But, but, but they know Vic.

That’s the point. The committee will always have a reason for why they put someone in or out. They find a reason to move up the bama’s of the world and move down the non powers of the world. The goal post will move this year. I think the Cajuns will host but we all know it won’t be the seed that matches the rpi. Because the committee will drop us 4-5 spots even with the #1 nc sos. Because of the conference we are in and the lack of ( fill in the blank)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information