Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

Default Re: G2 | Louisiana vs. Georgia State | 1pm

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Txst leads Troy 3-0. It’s early, though.
    The post-game series curse from playing us is strong lol

2. Default Re: G2 | Louisiana vs. Georgia State | 1pm

ODU has the bases loaded against App State B10th with 2 outs . trailing 4-3.

Brian

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia State 4

Morgan was great, but inefficiency got him out. As gonegolfin mentioned, JT Etheridge deserves a ton of credit for what he was able to do to close it out. I also think Blake McGehee deserves an “atta boy” for settling down the mess and eating up a couple innings.

I mentioned him the other day, and will say it again, I’d like to see more of Brian Broussard.

And what can you say about Debo. He’s the best to wear that uni. His numbers would be completely off the charts if he were playing in the “hot” bat days and/or a Mike Boulanger schedule. Not to mention what he’s brings at SS….but his clutch gene is immeasurable.

Hopefully Fluno can get through some innings tomorrow. The pen is getting thin without Herrmann and Holzhammer available this weekend.

Great series win regardless of tomorrow’s result but man, a sweep would be amazing!

4. Default Re: G2 | Louisiana vs. Georgia State | 1pm

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Great win for the Cajuns. And since I'm not one of those fans that jumps on and off the band wagon every week and a season ticket holder, I will continue to give my opinion. Morgan was great today and I figured Deggs would go with him after LP's performance yesterday. As for Martinez, his inconsistency has been a problem throughout the season in big moments. It doesn't matter how good your stuff is if you can't locate.
    I was not referring to you . re: Etheridge.

Martinez certainly struggled today . and it was unfortunate that he was close on a lot of pitches, but not quite there. In any event, you cannot walk the bases loaded with a 4-0 lead. But to be fair, he pitched ok vs. Troy. And he pitched extremely well against Southern Miss. These were his last two outings . and combined in those he was 3 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HBP. And if you go back to his third to last outing against Coastal Carolina, he was our best arm on that Sunday . 2 2/3 IP, 4H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 0 HBP.

So his last three outings before today against Coastal, Southern Miss, and Troy .
    6 1/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 1 HBP

Those are some good numbers. So he was heading north for several weeks and turning in very solid outings. He did have a setback today. But the Cajuns will need his "stuff" against the elite hitting teams the Cajuns may see in the regionals. Hopefully he has his command when they do.

Brian

5. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia State 4

Fluno, Christie, Cash, Marshall

Hopefully that will be enough. They can’t have much left either so our bats should be able to cover a few innings.

I like where we stand and would not change one pitching move made this weekend.

6. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia State 4

Can we change Georgia State to Georgia Southern in the thread title?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I was not referring to you . re: Etheridge.

Martinez certainly struggled today . and it was unfortunate that he was close on a lot of pitches, but not quite there. In any event, you cannot walk the bases loaded with a 4-0 lead. But to be fair, he pitched ok vs. Troy. And he pitched extremely well against Southern Miss. These were his last two outings . and combined in those he was 3 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HBP. And if you go back to his third to last outing against Coastal Carolina, he was our best arm on that Sunday . 2 2/3 IP, 4H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 0 HBP.

So his last three outings before today against Coastal, Southern Miss, and Troy .
    6 1/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 1 HBP

Those are some good numbers. So he was heading north for several weeks and turning in very solid outings. He did have a setback today. But the Cajuns will need his "stuff" against the elite hitting teams the Cajuns may see in the regionals. Hopefully he has his command when they do.

Brian
    Correct. Some people here to take a look at themselves in the mirror man.

Besides the games you mentioned, Martinez has thrown 3.2 scoreless at Ark St, 3 perfect innings vs ODU, and a scoreless inning vs Marshall.

He’s had a hand in why the Cajuns are where they are in the Sun Belt standings.

For you supposed “fans” of this team to get on here and say he “stinks to high heaven” is “trash” and a “clown”, grow the hell up. You’re embarrassing yourselves and likely have never accomplished a damn thing in your lives athletically. It’s ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Their coach was livid
    Coach Hennan is still steaming

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Jay and Bab have trackman up during their call
    Gotcha. There is some sort of data available I will check out. If it is interesting I will post. TY

10. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

What’s it matter?

There will be a human behind the plate tomorrow, the next and the next day. You win some, you lose some. It’s baseball.

I don’t know why we would even bother to make one more post on here about it. It’s over. They lost.

Just like us, they get another chance tomorrow to play baseball.

Focusing on tomorrow may be a much better path forward.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Correct. Some people here to take a look at themselves in the mirror man.

Besides the games you mentioned, Martinez has thrown 3.2 scoreless at Ark St, 3 perfect innings vs ODU, and a scoreless inning vs Marshall.

He’s had a hand in why the Cajuns are where they are in the Sun Belt standings.

For you supposed “fans” of this team to get on here and say he “stinks to high heaven” is “trash” and a “clown”, grow the hell up. You’re embarrassing yourselves and likely have never accomplished a damn thing in your lives athletically. It’s ridiculous.
    I was very encouraged how Martinez came back after the dugout thing early.

Today wasn't his day and it happens.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

We hit on Sunday. Tomorrow may be a fine Mother’s Day.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia State 4

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Can we change Georgia State to Georgia Southern in the thread title?

Brian
    Wow. Uhhhhhh, Turbine? How'd that happen?

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

Mean while, top of 7th Texas st up 3 to1 over Troy.

15. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia State 4

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Wow. Uhhhhhh, Turbine? How'd that happen?
    STATE your case . . . or go SOUTH

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information