Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

Cajun win or Troy loss tomorrow and the best Troy can do is tie (if they sweep James Madison at home AND Cajuns get swept by South Alabama. Not gonna happen.

Default Re: G2 | Louisiana vs. Georgia State | 1pm

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I was not referring to you . re: Etheridge.

Martinez certainly struggled today . and it was unfortunate that he was close on a lot of pitches, but not quite there. In any event, you cannot walk the bases loaded with a 4-0 lead. But to be fair, he pitched ok vs. Troy. And he pitched extremely well against Southern Miss. These were his last two outings . and combined in those he was 3 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HBP. And if you go back to his third to last outing against Coastal Carolina, he was our best arm on that Sunday . 2 2/3 IP, 4H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 0 HBP.

So his last three outings before today against Coastal, Southern Miss, and Troy .
    6 1/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 1 HBP

Those are some good numbers. So he was heading north for several weeks and turning in very solid outings. He did have a setback today. But the Cajuns will need his "stuff" against the elite hitting teams the Cajuns may see in the regionals. Hopefully he has his command when they do.

Brian
    Sorry Brian,

I just tagged your post. Apparently, I upset someone's mother and received a private message last weekend.

Yes, I thought Martinez was trending up as well over the last few weeks and we were starting to see what the coaches thought of him as the season began. I think everyone expected an adjustment period jumping levels of competition, but his struggles at times seems to be more related to his herky-jerky delivery and release point according to a few former pitchers I speak to occasionally.

His stuff shows at times, especially B/Avg .212, but he has 23 walks and 7 HBP which equals 30 extra runners on base in just 38 innings pitched. When it goes bad for him, it's bad. They will definitely need him in a regional if LP is getting innings at his current usage.

I will say this. He has good stuff. This ump was bad (consistently inconsistent, both sides). but for some reason, is was magnified when Martinez was on the mound. I'll bet at least 2 of his 3 walks have trackman data where at least one of the "balls" was a strike.

4. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    . Apparently, I upset someone's mother and received a private message last weekend.
    Get out of here. Parents and athletes don’t read RP and if they do it has absolutely no effect on them.

Go off witH that mentality and see how that works.

With free transfer and over the table NIL it’s too easy, especially for those that come from out of town to GTFOOH if they don’t feel welcome.

But, but, but I donate a little bit and buy a season ticket so I am ENTITLED to rip some ass on RP.

As I, have proposed in the past, name me one thing good that can come from that conduct for our university and sports teams and I will find you a bridge in Baltimore to purchase.

C’mon folks can’t we at least try and play somewhat nice with our university, it’s athletes and coaches?

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOMS OUT THERE, ESPECIALLY THOSE ASSOCIATED WITH OUR PLAYERS AND COACHES.

Let's sweep today and then we need only 1 win to be outright conference champions oh and we get to dog pile at home!!

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Let's sweep today and then we need only 1 win to be outright conference champions oh and we get to dog pile at home!!
    I like the way you think!

Hear that.

A sweep will, would be so big.

● It virtually locks up the conference reg season championship.

● A sweep on the road helps RPI

● A road sweep helps polls and helps to get the team hot in May for a successful June, a longstanding winning game plan.

9. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, Georgia Southern 4

repeat, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat, rinse, repeat

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread Information