Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cajun Softball RPI .

Default Re: Cajun Softball RPI .

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Thank you for the comment, you are welcome.

The Cajuns do finish ahead of Oklahoma State in a tight one … grabbing the #11 RPI ranking at selection time.

The Cajuns also finished with the #4 SOS and #1 NC SOS … passing #18 Baylor’s #5 SOS.

Brian
    These are impressive numbers for the Cajuns. So what will be the reasons we either don’t host or host as 16 maybe 15 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    These are impressive numbers for the Cajuns. So what will be the reasons we either don’t host or host as 16 maybe 15 seed?
    I’m sure the goal post is moving as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Curiosity’s sake, with a W yesterday, where would we have finished?

4. Default Re: Cajun Softball RPI .

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Curiosity’s sake, with a W yesterday, where would we have finished?
    #9, right on top of Tennessee at #8.

Brian

5. UL Softball Re: Cajun Softball RPI .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I think the Cajuns will be a national seed/host, likely as a #14/#15. #13 is possible . but record against RPI Top 25 and 50 would be the reason they do not get their RPI ranking as a seed.

I am also a bit concerned that Texas A&M will be overweighted by the committee due to conference finish . even though (as I outlined in a prior post) that their third place finish in the SEC was due to the Aggies avoiding the better teams in the SEC (Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, and Georgia) . while being swept by Florida and LSU. Their best SEC wins were against T6th Mississippi State and 9th Alabama.

For the record, I said that we were not hosting last year due to not meeting the selection committee's criteria for a national seed/host. We were not screwed . we did not have the resume. We do have the resume this year. I would only get concerned if we see Baylor as a national seed/host (obviously Mississippi State, but I do not think they reach that far down), but even in this situation I think the Cajuns eval better than others that are in the RPI Top 16.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    #9, right on top of Tennessee at #8.

Brian
    Damn. That seems like it would have made a huge difference in the seeding we will end up getting. I understand that we didn’t have the resume last year to host. I remember wondering how the coaches could have gotten their expectations so wrong last year.

Obviously you know way more than I ever will about this RPI thing, but I still say the committee will use any metric they can to justify not seeding the Cajuns anywhere near their RPI rank. I will be pleasantly surprised if we see anything lower (as in real number) than a 15 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Damn. That seems like it would have made a huge difference in the seeding we will end up getting. I understand that we didn’t have the resume last year to host. I remember wondering how the coaches could have gotten their expectations so wrong last year.

Obviously you know way more than I ever will about this RPI thing, but I still say the committee will use any metric they can to justify not seeding the Cajuns anywhere near their RPI rank. I will be pleasantly surprised if we see anything lower (as in real number) than a 15 seed.
    With that much on the line yesterday, the poor play was hard to figure and unexpected. I'll be pleasantly surprised by any seed and hosting considering the committee's past history.

8. Default Re: Cajun Softball RPI .

Oklahoma State …
    6-4 vs. RPI Top 10 gets them the #5 national seed.

Mississippi State is not a national seed, as expected.

I expect Duke and LSU to be called soon. Duke as the 9?

Brian

13 it is!!

10. Default Re: Cajun Softball RPI .

And that is a fair seed, folks.

Texas State over Texas A&M for #16? You can easily make a case.

Regardless, the two are in the same region.

Brian

11. Default Re: Cajun Softball RPI .

Texas State is 4-0 vs. the College Station regional. 1-0 vs. A&M and a three game sweep of Penn State.

Brian

Cajuns got a good draw. SEC getting half the hosts and all 13 teams in is just stupid. A team with a losing conference record should not get to host. That needs to be a new rule.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information