Thread: 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (May 8)

UL Baseball 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (May 8)

This week BA has us in College Station as 2 seed and an auto bid.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor.d-of-64-may-8/

Default Re: 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (May 8)

5 sunbelt teams. Haha. As if the powers that be will let that happen.

Default Re: 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (May 8)

Troy and JMU both being in is a long shot. One of them will likely lock up a spot and knock the other out in the last weekend series. Or Troy wins the regular season and potentially knocks the Cajuns…and JMU…out.

Coastal still has the cache’ and RPI number (because the formula is stupid as hell) to get a bid, and S. Miss would need to make a run in the SBC tourney

4. Default Re: 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (May 8)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Troy and JMU both being in is a long shot. One of them will likely lock up a spot and knock the other out in the last weekend series. Or Troy wins the regular season and potentially knocks the Cajuns…and JMU…out.

Coastal still has the cache’ and RPI number (because the formula is stupid as hell) to get a bid, and S. Miss would need to make a run in the SBC tourney
    If it were selection Monday, I do not think Coastal would get a bid given their overall resume in the context of a losing conference record. RPI is their best metric and it is not like it is stellar. Several more deserving teams have been overlooked with higher RPIs in the past. I do not think JMU would be in either. But both have the opportunity to play their way in . just as Louisiana, Troy, and Southern Miss have the opportunity to play their way out.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If it were selection Monday, I do not think Coastal would get a bid given their overall resume in the context of a losing conference record. RPI is their best metric and it is not like it is stellar. Several more deserving teams have been overlooked with higher RPIs in the past. I do not think JMU would be in either. But both have the opportunity to play their way in . just as Louisiana, Troy, and Southern Miss have the opportunity to play their way out.

Brian
    Yeah man. I agree with you. I’m assuming Coastal will right the ship and win each of their next 2 series. As for JMU, they will need to sweep Marshall this weekend, which is certainly do-able, they have a midweek with Va Tech next week, and then a series win at Troy would put them in a position to be highly considered.

I don’t see a path for both JMU AND Troy to both be in barring Troy winning the regular season and JMU winning the tourney…which would probably leave UL out

Basically, I don’t see 5 SBC teams in regionals.

6. Default Re: 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Bracket: Projected Field Of 64 (May 8)

It seems like we are making this so convoluted. Just win baby. Then look at it.

Thread Information