Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Join forces with FCS and create a three tier Premier League style championship league.

One league three pyramids.

Eventually the intrigue would rival anything the P5 comes up with.

In fact (eventually) I could see the P5 inviting top teams over and doing something similar
    Hot damn, this is the very first thing I've ever agreed with you about.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Join forces with FCS and create a three tier Premier League style championship league.

One league three pyramids.

Eventually the intrigue would rival anything the P5 comes up with.

In fact (eventually) I could see the P5 inviting top teams over and doing something similar
    I am trying to think how this would work?

Just because i just never heard of this

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I am trying to think how this would work?

Just because i just never heard of this
    European soccer promotion and relegation system

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Guys, the separation has happened. It's over. Accept it and move on. UL will NEVER be one of the big players in college football. Might be for the best.
    TBD
    Nor will the vast majority! It will be the P2 and the G7.

The SEC/B1G want nothing to do with Houston and Boston College. It actually might bring back some normalcy to College Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Nor will the vast majority! It will be the P2 and the G7.

The SEC/B1G want nothing to do with Houston and Boston College. It actually might bring back some normalcy to College Football.
    100% agreed

6. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Hot damn, this is the very first thing I've ever agreed with you about.
    Made my day.

7. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

European soccer promotion and relegation system
    There used to be a poster here that recommended that.

Guys, the separation has happened. It's over. Accept it and move on. UL will NEVER be one of the big players in college football. Might be for the best.
    TBD
    Agree. SMU probably got the last ticket into the current P4 version and did so by foregoing several years of media money payments. Wow. However we might see a P4 separation after the next TV contracts expire. TV/Big Tech could influence the P4 thinning its ranks. Suddenly a dozen or more quality universities are in play needing a conference home. Realignment may never end.

UL just needs to control what it can control. Get football back to winning at high level so it becomes ranked and in the conversation for the CFP.

So, what happens when the SLC bunch “qualify” to move to the G-whatever?

A giant step backwards. Fight darn it! But alas, that will require work.

10. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So, what happens when the SLC bunch “qualify” to move to the G-whatever?

A giant step backwards. Fight darn it! But alas, that will require work.
    …This is really heart breaking to me….started my playing days in 1963 and saw the university grow in status in really every measurable area….name, enrollment, athletics, and more…now we go back to the big college small college designation……the left outs look like the Cajuns, Tulane, and South Miss….all were very close to bouncing up at one time!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …This is really heart breaking to me….started my playing days in 1963 and saw the university grow in status in really every measurable area….name, enrollment, athletics, and more…now we go back to the big college small college designation……the left outs look like the Cajuns, Tulane, and South Miss….all were very close to bouncing up at one time!
    I’m with you sir. The older we get, the fewer remember the battle. Similar to WW2, the Great Depression and such. Nobody left to put a face on the times and to pass on the realities. I fully understand futbol and relegation. It won’t work with college football, there will still be the haves and have nots in the G-15.

Like the use of the word “Nazi”, but that’s for another day and site.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Agree. Dr. Savoie pushes the Univ. one step forward in one area and two steps back in another. So frustrating watching our Football program get left behind and just mope along pretending to be something. I despise being in the level II of football. It shouldn't be this way.

13. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Agree. Dr. Savoie pushes the Univ. one step forward in one area and two steps back in another. So frustrating watching our Football program get left behind and just mope along pretending to be something. I despise being in the level II of football. It shouldn't be this way.
    where is the money tree needed for it not to be that way?

14. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    where is the money tree needed for it not to be that way?
    Authement chopped down the money tree that Dr Stephens planted 125 years ago and Savoie hasn't learned how to plant a new one due to cuts in agriculture research.

Ira Nelson could have helped.

When people lack desire to do something, they come up with all kinds of excuses.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information