Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Well, Knew This Was Coming

1. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Oh, we used to have arm chair lawyers. Now the new thing is a google lawyer.

Lot's of unauthorized practice of law here.
    Is this related to why you hate fans doing play by play comentary during games? No court talk.

2. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Is this related to why you hate fans doing play by play comentary during games? No court talk.
    I love play by play commentary from fans. What I don't like are meltdowns like petulant little spoiled children before there are any results or even the inning plays out particularly in baseball.

3. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Oh, we used to have arm chair lawyers. Now the new thing is a google lawyer.

LOL No one said you can practice law through Google but you can definitely understand the law and its implications. Step off that pedestal, dude.
    To be fair, there are lots of newly minted Google experts in geopolitics, vaccines, climate change, renewables, etc. I think you happen to check some of those boxes.
    Zoom--You are 100% correct. Lawyers everywhere hopping on that particular gravy train.

Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Wonder what the response would be if all the G5 schools decided to suspend football for say 3 years.

Anti-trust laws are way, way, way over the pay grade of this board.
    How’s that different from any other college message board?

You should notify the authorities immediately.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    HowÂ’s that different from any other college message board?
    Dont see where he typed that it was

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    HowÂ’s that different from any other college message board?
    Thought we werent supposed to follow other boards

If you think “dropping down” intentionally and giving up the even the perception of FBS status, look where FCS football is. It’s astonishing, especially the new move ups would be settling to drop down to FBS lite…the new 1-AA or FCS plus, however you want to polish that floater.

I wish the G5's would break 100% from the P4's starting immediately until the National Championship game is all inclusive. If the P4's don't want to include the G5's in the National Championship playoff system, (and one G5 that will be a subjective pick isn't including the G5's) then let the P4's ONLY PLAY other P4's on their schedules.

The G5's will survive and will probably be better off for it. Don't let the big bullies win folks. Right now, they are having it their way.play all the G5's they want during the season, but not letting them in a true playoff system. Even when the G5's win during the regular season, they are still not considered for the playoff system.

The P4's remind me of the big bullies on the playground growing up. All it took was for the small guy to standup for himself one time before everyone realized the big bully wasn't so tuff. G5's need to stand up just one timeuntil then, we will always be stepped on.

And don't come back with the G5's need the $$$. How many times has a schedule been altered prior to the season in which a P4 (P5) broke the scheduled game with a G5 and the G5 had to scramble to find another school to play that weekend. I haven't heard of a single G5 going under that year because of the payout they were supposed to receive didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If you think “dropping down” intentionally and giving up the even the perception of FBS status, look where FCS football is. It’s astonishing, especially the new move ups would be settling to drop down to FBS lite…the new 1-AA or FCS plus, however you want to polish that floater.
    When I think about option of separation, either voluntary or forced, I think of the FCS playoffs. Good football being played. Entertaining. Some good regional rivalries. But on a national landscape, no one really cares. It's an afterthought. It's football that the casual fan does not know is happening maybe until the championship game in Frisco at 2 pm because it's on a linear network.

Don't separate. Keep fighting. There are other ways to show the fat cats that you have value.

Also, why the hell is Dooley all the sudden so invested in this? What's he got to gain? What do any of these advocates have to gain aside from potential $?

I like the idea of a G5 playoff that gives the teams of these conferences something to play for. As it stands now, we get one spot that involves going to play AT #5 team and their refs in front of 80k hostile fans. Is that really a realistic opportunity for a championship? IMO, no.

I think the G5 could do it better and highlight REAL college football with a legitimate championship. I think it would be a hit and get good money for broadcasting rights.

Pro/Rel every non P4 conference by region.

I'm so freakin' sick of the private club snobbery of the rich boys. F 'em.

Earn it on the dang field.

What we need is a playoff of 16 teams with the 11 conference winners and 5 at large schools from the bigger conferences.

Thats what all the G5 conferences need to be pushing to the NCAA.

We have a fair system in every sport except for football. Why is that? We need to come together and push for this.

If you cant win your conference you shouldn’t be in the NC.

Guys, the separation has happened. It's over. Accept it and move on. UL will NEVER be one of the big players in college football. Might be for the best.
    TBD

15. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Join forces with FCS and create a three tier Premier League style championship league.

One league three pyramids.

Eventually the intrigue would rival anything the P5 comes up with.

In fact (eventually) I could see the P5 inviting top teams over and doing something similar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information