Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Poll Well, Knew This Was Coming

G5 FB throwing in the towel. Wonder how CMD voted. Will ANY media ask?

https://csnbbs.com/thread-990633.html

2. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

The hastening.

Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Get to the point where it’s seperate. G5’s don’t play P4’s. G5 can send the best team to the playoff in the 12 spot. Also G5 go back to no nil and old transfer rules. Then at least the G5 could have some sense of parody. Yeah it would be a farm system. But the P5 can’t have everybody.

4. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Get to the point where it’s seperate. G5’s don’t play P4’s. G5 can send the best team to the playoff in the 12 spot. Also G5 go back to no nil and old transfer rules. Then at least the G5 could have some sense of parody. Yeah it would be a farm system. But the P5 can’t have everybody.
    US constitution will prohibit going back to no NIL

US constitution will probably prohibit going back to old transfer rules

Otherwise what you propose can be done, however the P4 will continue to poach the best players.

It's all a money grab by the big guys leaving the rest behind all of this plus NIL has ruined college athletics.

6. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It's all a money grab by the big guys leaving the rest behind all of this plus NIL has ruined college athletics.
    Did it really? A lot if not most of this money was going to players under the table. Players were getting under the table what they were entitled to receive by the US Constitution over the table. Now it’s over the table and visible. While it is easier, I’m not convinced NIL is a substantially more than the under the table money was from the bag man for the P4. I do believe that NIL has possibly made it where the G5 can set up systems to collect money from the little guys and possible have more available to them than what was possibly available under the bag man under the table system.

By willingly giving up, it gives the P-2 an out when the antitrust issue finally arises.

Same thing is happening with MBB already. Embracing the Mid Majors Poll. Like lambs being brought to slaughter. There we already see it…some fans get excited about being ranked in the perceived “not good enough” poll. Fighting over being the tallest midget.

Sorry UL, my fandom didn’t sign up decades ago to settle. That’s why the SLC dropped down…UL fought for better…did years of independence…and now it’s meh, oh well.

I realize with the age differences on this site some will love the idea. The sacrifices of the past get forgotten. Even our pastimes are mirroring society.

8. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    By willingly giving up, it gives the P-2 an out when the antitrust issue finally arises.
    What antitrust issues? Please explain?

Okay yall look at this like a bad thing personally it isnt a big deal. The way the College Playoff is expanding to 8? Which 1 G5 school is allowed to compete or 1 school will be allowed from the G5 to be in the playoffs correct?

Well a school like us that is in the G5 will need to be ranked #1 to get into that playoff spot.

Well it lets us know where we stand. We still have the national polls a mid-major could be ranked in the G5 as well as the national polls.

Also the way the playoff is expanding we would never even sniff ever competing for a National Titie in the past i dont care if we went 12-0 5 years straight. This way at least we may have an opportunity to compete for a national titie.

Otherwise you have a school like Liberty get into a NY6 bowl.

Name:  IMG_7613.gif
Views: 670
Size:  609.0 KB

10. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What antitrust issues? Please explain?
    The only reason the P5 is trying to break away is to escape anti trust issues.

A case could be made on the separate TV deals while still playing the spectrum under the same organization.

I don't think their breakaway will help if the right case is made.

I base that on the NCAA being fined $2.7 billion going back 10 years to pay former NCAA athletes for unfair dispersal of funds.

11. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Oh there is some sense of 'parody' alright. Always been haves and have nots. They are just making it official policy.

12. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Anti-trust laws are way, way, way over the pay grade of this board.

13. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Anti-trust laws are way, way, way over the pay grade of this board.
    LOL I bet everyone here can Google "Sherman Act" and figure out pretty quickly that IF the courts hold true to the letter of the law, the NCAA is royally effed. Of course, they will just use their non profit status to fullest advantage.

14. Default Re: Well, Knew This Was Coming

Oh, we used to have arm chair lawyers. Now the new thing is a google lawyer.

Lot's of unauthorized practice of law here.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    LOL I bet everyone here can Google "Sherman Act" and figure out pretty quickly that IF the courts hold true to the letter of the law, the NCAA is royally effed. Of course, they will just use their non profit status to fullest advantage.
    Funny the attorney didn’t know that.

Never underestimate the value of a class action lawsuit. What’s ironic, attorneys will make out like bandits and the players will get chump change when it’s divided up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information