Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Troy 16

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Troy 16

I sure am glad there is a consensus on what happened tonight. DeBo (The Best Player for Louisiana) mishandled a throw to first in the bottom of the first.

This is the reason we went through half our pitchers and gave up 16 runs. Forgot which arm it was, dude hit 5 batters because of DeBo E in bottom of 1.

Got it.

JoBu, I seek wisdom, tell me how we win tomorrow. What do we do? DEBO.

2. Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Troy 16

you can’t make up some of the things you can string together from this thread

Lots of things turned into lots of things tonight.

Win tomorrow and get ready to swing the ever living #^%# out of the bat Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I sure am glad there is a consensus on what happened tonight. DeBo (The Best Player for Louisiana) mishandled a throw to first in the bottom of the first.

This is the reason we went through half our pitchers and gave up 16 runs. Forgot which arm it was, dude hit 5 batters because of DeBo E in bottom of 1.

Got it.

JoBu, I seek wisdom, tell me how we win tomorrow. What do we do? DEBO.
    Where you get all that?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Where you get all that?
    Only way we get out of Troy, AL alive is if we hit HRs like DeBo's that must have gone 100' (maybe even more) past LF wall. Otherwise we may see this again tomm. Troy is not f'n around.

Agree with that.

Still sore after that beating, but today is a new day.

Since misery loves company, USM beat up on Coastal last night. Not so much on the scoreboard, but outfit them 15-4. Chickens lose their 6th straight.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Still sore after that beating, but today is a new day.

Since misery loves company, USM beat up on Coastal last night. Not so much on the scoreboard, but outfit them 15-4. Chickens lose their 6th straight.
    The only logical explanation is that Coastal put everything they had into beating the Cajuns and don’t have anything left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    The only logical explanation is that Coastal put everything they had into beating the Cajuns and don’t have anything left in the tank.
    Hoping that’s the case. Or we’ve been beating average to bad teams.

I think you’re right. Coastal has been playing good ball and were in the hosting conversation in late April .

10. Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Troy 16

Coastal had a good weekend. That’s it. We have some also. We have more to come. That’s it. No more, no less.

Somebody, actually a few somebodies, need to step up offensively

Debo has a team high 16 HRs. The next 2 highest totals (Higgs 9-Lafleur 7) have 16 HRs

Debo has 53 RBIs. The next two highest totals (Pastore 31-Stelly 26) have 57 RBIs

Cajuns are going to have to score a bunch of runs this weekend to have any success. It can’t all come from one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Somebody, actually a few somebodies, need to step up offensively

Debo has a team high 16 HRs. The next 2 highest totals (Higgs 9-Lafleur 7) have 16 HRs

Debo has 53 RBIs. The next two highest totals (Pastore 31-Stelly 26) have 57 RBIs

Cajuns are going to have to score a bunch of runs this weekend to have any success. It can’t all come from one guy.
    Need to get back to the basics. When the leadoff guy gets on with not outs, bunt him over. Manufacture runs with small ball and movement on the bases. I feel like this team has gotten away from that. We’re over 40 games in. What we have is what we have. And what we don’t seem to have is a team that will slug its way to wins.

I think Coastal did themselves a tremendous disservice by traveling all the way to Omaha, NE to play 2 midweek games directly in between weekend series against UL and Troy. And then having to go to USM.

Thats a lot to ask…and they’re paying the price for it.

Need to get back to the basics. When the leadoff guy gets on with not outs, bunt him over. Manufacture runs with small ball and movement on the bases. I feel like this team has gotten away from that. We’re over 40 games in. What we have is what we have. And what we don’t seem to have is a team that will slug its way to wins.
    Pretty sure Deggs knows what we need to do today. This is evidenced by his adjustment of base running tactics from the '23 season to today. Realized the policy (stealing every base and waving through everyone) had greater liability than gain.

Saying we can't slug our way out, let's see. The small ball regime has consistency only when it is not the predicted game plan (which Troy is probably expecting.)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information