Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL TV Commercial

Default UL TV Commercial

Watching tonight's softball game vs. Troy and the awful university promotion commercial with the dancer. UL has been running this for the past year or longer for all sports events. We are celebrating our 125 year and Carnegie R1 and don't showcase that. We have a beautiful campus, unique swamp and great athletic facilities and don't show that. Instead, we show this lame commercial that says nothing about UL. A lost opportunity to showcase UL to the country.

2. Default Re: UL TV Commercial

No obvious self awareness

Default Re: UL TV Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Watching tonight's softball game vs. Troy and the awful university promotion commercial with the dancer. UL has been running this for the past year or longer for all sports events. We are celebrating our 125 year and Carnegie R1 and don't showcase that. We have a beautiful campus, unique swamp and great athletic facilities and don't show that. Instead, we show this lame commercial that says nothing about UL. A lost opportunity to showcase UL to the country.
    I want to build things…I want to explore!

It’s been 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I want to build things…I want to explore!

It’s been 3-4 years.
    My kids love the “I want to build things.” They’ll walk around the house repeating it. So you’ve got 2 fans.

Wait, you're gonna sit there and tell me this University is inept???? That's crazy talk!

6. Default Re: UL TV Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Wait, you're gonna sit there and tell me this University is inept???? That's crazy talk!
    Louisiana has a pretty strong record of research and building things.

They are R-1.

Are you really challenging that?

7. Default Re: UL TV Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

They are R-1.

Fairly obvious that what they are doing is "researching" what happens if you don't promote achievements.

They are R-1.

That's what you took from my comment? And you call others obtuse? LoL

They are R-1.

Try to follow. This post is about an outdated commercial that DOESNT promote that we're R1. My comment highlights the fact that we should be.....and you're wondering if I'm challenging that? Help me understand where you're confused. I'm here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    1000% Agreed. No Swamp, No Cajuns Football or Baseball, No bad ass every other program, no UL Architecture, Nothing.

Then, the University opponent's ad fires up and We're all.... "I want to explore"

Let's Geaux

11. Default Re: UL TV Commercial

It's the "cULture"

No Championship banners to help recruiting.

No R1 (and other) achievement commercials to enhance enrollment.

I’m not a fan of the commercial whatsoever.

I think Tulane has the best university commercial. It incorporates visual and sounds with Mardi Gras, beignets, athletics, academics and uptown in general. At the end some y’at yells Roll Wave! It’s easily the best I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m not a fan of the commercial whatsoever.

I think Tulane has the best university commercial. It incorporates visual and sounds with Mardi Gras, beignets, athletics, academics and uptown in general. At the end some y’at yells Roll Wave! It’s easily the best I’ve seen.
    "Some y'at" LMAO.

I'll have to check it out.

14. Default Re: UL TV Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Try to follow. This post is about an outdated commercial that DOESNT promote that we're R1. My comment highlights the fact that we should be.....and you're wondering if I'm challenging that? Help me understand where you're confused. I'm here to help.
    If you were working and not playing on RP, you may understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's the "cULture"

No Championship banners to help recruiting.

No R1 (and other) achievement commercials to enhance enrollment.
    Why would you not hang Championship Banners. This simply doesn't make since. I like the idea Fanof71 has. We break into the Swamp and go hang them ourselves (of course this was before she was de-constructed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information