Thread: Football Transfers

1. UL Football Football Transfers

I know we complain about the fact that CMD does not hit the portal as hard as other coaches, but I went through our lineup just to take a look and we do have a number of players that on this roster started at other schools. Some from some bigger institutions and a number at much smaller, but here is a short list of what we have gained over the years through the portal that are still on the roster:

Carmycah Glass--Missouri
    Jon McCall--McNeese State
    Keyon Martin--Youngstown State
    Fitzgerald West--LSU
    Tony Sterner--Incarnate Word
    Caleb Bonine--Arkansas-Monticello
    Lance Legendre--Maryland
    Trey Fite--SMU
    Ethan Clark--Abeline Christian
    Ryan Ebrahim--Texas Wesleyan
    Ben Wooldridge--Fresno State
    Chaz Ward--Lamar
    Tyrone Lewis--Kansas State
    Jaden Duggar--Georgetown
    Antoine Baylis--Southwest Baptist University

I am very interested in Jon McCall the transfer from McNeese. He was a 2nd team all SLC player last year who led McNeese in receptions, yards and TD's. He is a 6'3" 200 lb WR from Sophia B Wright out of New Orleans. He could be a big part of our offense this season. He should have 2 seasons of eligibility for the Cajuns.

Keep an eye on this young man.

Default Re: Football Transfers

You can add Nathan Torney, punter, from SIU. He just committed in the past week.

Also, I believe Woolridge was under Napier, but could be wrong.

3. Default Re: Football Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    You can add Nathan Torney, punter, from SIU. He just committed in the past week.

Also, I believe Woolridge was under Napier, but could be wrong.
    Woolridge was, but I was just counting transfers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know we complain about the fact that CMD does not hit the portal as hard as other coaches, but I went through our lineup just to take a look and we do have a number of players that on this roster started at other schools. Some from some bigger institutions and a number at much smaller, but here is a short list of what we have gained over the years through the portal that are still on the roster:

Carmycah Glass--Missouri
    Fitzgerald West--LSU
    Lance Legendre--Maryland
    Trey Fite--SMU
    Chaz Ward--Lamar
    Jaden Duggar--Georgetown

I am very interested in Jon McCall the transfer from McNeese. He was a 2nd team all SLC player last year who led McNeese in receptions, yards and TD's. He is a 6'3" 200 lb WR from Sophia B Wright out of New Orleans. He could be a big part of our offense this season. He should have 2 seasons of eligibility for the Cajuns.

Good list, you forgot OLB Ashley Williams from Arizona State.

Didn't we add a Grad transfer DL from Ball State recently as well???? He went to HS in the BR area.....I think.

That McNeese player was easily the best player on their team. Granted.....they were a 1 win team.

Also a handful of recent portal additions to LTURd just days/weeks later apparently had enough of Rustonia and went right back into portal. One was the Florida DL from Jennings

Is Legendre back on the team? He could be a big weapon also. I really hadn’t heard or paid attention.

7. Default Re: Football Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Is Legendre back on the team? He could be a big weapon also. I really hadn’t heard or paid attention.
    Yes

Ball State DL grad transfer is Kyron Mims. Has 1 year eligibility left. One very big dude.

Carmycah Glass--Missouri
    Fitzgerald West--LSU
    Lance Legendre--Maryland
    Trey Fite--SMU
    Chaz Ward--Lamar
    Jaden Duggar--Georgetown

So I guess the question to your list is which ones are transfer in under CMD?

Thanks for the list. Interesting.

10. Default Re: Football Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    So I guess the question to your list is which ones are transfer in under CMD?

Thanks for the list. Interesting.
    Would that make them a better or a lessor transfer?

And who know, even if under Napier, Des may have been the instrumental recruiter involved in the transfer.

11. Default Re: Football Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Didn't we add a Grad transfer DL from Ball State recently as well???? He went to HS in the BR area.....I think.

That McNeese player was easily the best player on their team. Granted.....they were a 1 win team.

Also a handful of recent portal additions to LTURd just days/weeks later apparently had enough of Rustonia and went right back into portal. One was the Florida DL from Jennings
    These that I listed are the only ones on the roster as we speak. The others will be added when they enroll.

These that I listed are the only ones on the roster as we speak. The others will be added when they enroll.
    Also, some are walk-ons. Ward, Sterner, Bonine and Clark from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Yes. I seem to remember Des saying LL2 has NFL talent as a WR... hopefully that comes to fruition this season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Would that make them a better or a lessor transfer?

And who know, even if under Napier, Des may have been the instrumental recruiter involved in the transfer.
    No that has nothing to do with that. The OP said that CMD does not hit the portal hard. So I was wondering of all the transfers on the team, which percentage was from CMD and from coach Napier. It may actually be a higher percentage by CMD than we think or realize. That's all I was getting at.

This is Des' 3rd post season + spring with portal......without any stats it's safe to assume a majority are his. Likely a very large majority.

Thread Information