Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: D1 Field of 64 Projections

2. Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

the committee is doing us a favor this year

they not making us fly across a time zone

thanks committee

Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

Yuck

Also, Arizona as a host is odd. They’re at 33 in the RPI and still have a series left at Utah and host another with Oregon State. And they’re just 26-16 at the moment.

Good news. Upset #1 and the road to Omaha is easy. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    the committee is doing us a favor this year

they not making us fly across a time zone

thanks committee
    At some point it would be nice to play in a regional that doesn’t include Texas A&M, Texas or LSU.

5 of the last 6 regionals the Cajuns have been in (that they weren’t the hosts-2014 and 2016), one of those teams has been in as well. And this would be consecutive seasons playing Texas in game 1. Also, that one of the 6 was at U of Houston…and the Cajuns won it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    At some point it would be nice to play in a regional that doesn’t include Texas A&M, Texas or LSU.

5 of the last 6 regionals the Cajuns have been in (that they weren’t the hosts-2014 and 2016), one of those teams has been in as well. And this would be consecutive seasons playing Texas in game 1.
    Well they’re called “regionals” for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Well they’re called “regionals” for a reason.
    Yeah but they’ve gotten away from placing teams based on geographic location over the years….well, for most teams.

Perfect example was last season. Cajuns in Coral Gables….playing Texas

5 of the last 6 regionals the Cajuns have been in (that they weren’t the hosts-2014 and 2016), one of those teams has been in as well. And this would be consecutive seasons playing Texas in game 1. Also, that one of the 6 was at U of Houston…and the Cajuns won it.
    Yep

This is last weeks (April 24th projections)

Coastal Carolina listed as #14 Host Seed.

I doubt that will happen after they got swept this weekend and have dropped out of the top 25 polls.

D1 projections might look very different with the next update later this week.

This On3 projection from 10 hours ago.

Also - Coastal Carolina as a 2 seed at East Carolina Regional

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post
    This On3 projection from 10 hours ago.

Also - Coastal Carolina as a 2 seed at East Carolina Regional
    They also have Troy, Southern Miss and JMU in, which makes me think they may not be very reliable

D1 has it pinned to the top of their feed on X (twitter). I'll make the update this Wednesday. Coastal not taking at least one game from Troy is sh^&. 17.Vandy (31-13) and 18.Cajuns (33-13) follows what I said about our early season form vs today (in another post).

We have one hell of a series coming up.

Yeah but they’ve gotten away from placing teams based on geographic location over the years….well, for most teams.

Perfect example was last season. Cajuns in Coral Gables….playing Texas
    Here's the thing, though. While I'm not an RPI guru, or know really anything about the process, from everything I gather reading Brian's posts and watching our team with my own eyes, if we end up a #2 seed, it will be one of the last 2-seeds left to award.

It would make sense that a bottom 2-seed would be matched up vs. one of the very best 1-seeds, would it not? And your weaker 1-seeds would be matched up vs. one of your very best 2-seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Here's the thing, though. While I'm not an RPI guru, or know really anything about the process, from everything I gather reading Brian's posts and watching our team with my own eyes, if we end up a #2 seed, it will be one of the last 2-seeds left to award.

It would make sense that a bottom 2-seed would be matched up vs. one of the very best 1-seeds, would it not? And your weaker 1-seeds would be matched up vs. one of your very best 2-seeds.
    Correct. I’ve been saying for a couple weeks now that we’ll likely be in College Station (or Fayetteville). In this thread, just that it would be nice to be in one without A&M, Texas or LSU. And in response to a projection with 2 of them there, specifically Texas, who we played in game 1 last year.

15. Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

all of this may be hard to accept but it is not really hard to understand

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information