Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Daily Advertiser Coverage in 2024

Default Re: Daily Advertiser Coverage in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Want to know just how much the Daily Advertiser hates UL

Attachment 19650
    Got to give them credit. That is some next level trolling right there. "You turds want a UL-Lafayette story, here you go."

Written by a writer in Tuscaloosa with TSAB hitting a jack. What a bunch of butt heads.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Got to give them credit. That is some next level trolling right there. "You turds want a UL-Lafayette story, here you go."

Written by a writer in Tuscaloosa with TSAB hitting a jack. What a bunch of butt heads.
    In a Regional we won at their place.

F—- the Daily Disappointment and The Sadvocate that couldn’t even get a local business’s name right when writing a story about UL softball and fans finding out we were hosting Regionals.

Neither rag is subscription worthy.

3. Default Re: Daily Advertiser Coverage in 2024

Might be the only reason cajuns host so they can throw "Lafayette" around more. Why does the region have to be named after the city and not the school anyway? Didnt used to be that way

4. Default Re: Daily Advertiser Coverage in 2024

Check out the state silouhette tshirt worn by a fan, lol

This topic is also on FB, a former Advertiser employee says Gannett will shut down the Advertiser as soon as the papers contract is up with the city parish.at $150k a year.Turn out the lights!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    This topic is also on FB, a former Advertiser employee says Gannett will shut down the Advertiser as soon as the papers contract is up with the city parish.at $150k a year.Turn out the lights!
    Saw that too. Can’t happen soon enough.

Do they even still print a paper?

Wouldn't surprise me to find out that all of their sports content is AI-written

This is nothing new. Last Spring, Cajuns softball had just clinched the regular season conference title while baseball won a big Friday Night game. Was that the top story? Nah. The Daily Advertiser thought that TSAB women's volleyball and women's basketball were more important, both of which were out of season.

At least more people are noticing the ridiculousness of their lack of Cajuns coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Got a source for that? I realize we're going up against a 500 pound purple and gold gorilla, but I can't believe it's that lopsided.
    The only study that I know of was done by the New York Times in 2014. That study showed Louisiana at around 30% in Acadiana, with LSU at around 50%. In most of the rest of South Louisiana, that 10-1 ratio was closer to being correct. Interestingly, in the New Orleans area, both Louisiana and USM had more fans than Tulane, though LSU accounted for most fans there.

10. Default Re: Daily Advertiser Coverage in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The only study that I know of was done by the New York Times in 2014. That study showed Louisiana at around 30% in Acadiana, with LSU at around 50%. In most of the rest of South Louisiana, that 10-1 ratio was closer to being correct. Interestingly, in the New Orleans area, both Louisiana and USM had more fans than Tulane, though LSU accounted for most fans there.
    If that number were correct it would make Cajun Fans in Acadiana an impressive bunch.

15,000 in attendance at The Swamp would equate 150,000 just from Acadiana at Tiger Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We were good in every sport in 2014. Probably why we had more interest than Tulane in New Orleans at that time. Probably is different now that Tulane is having football success. Let’s get our football team back to the 2020/2021 level and we can impact that number. The 30/50 split for Cajuns/Tigers in Acadiana sounds about right. However Acadiana is several parishes. In Lafayette Parish, the Cajuns may have the advantage.

Saw that too. Can’t happen soon enough.

Do they even still print a paper?
    Good f ing riddance. Shows out of touch media, local and nationally are out of sync. They are too busy pushing narrow narratives across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Let’s get our football team back to the 2020/2021 level and we can impact that number.
    HA!

Man…I don’t like being Negative Nancy, but on that aspiration, we flat out don’t have the desire for that from university leadership. 2018-2021 was WAY too much work.

14. Default Re: Daily Advertiser Coverage in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We were good in every sport in 2014. Probably why we had more interest than Tulane in New Orleans at that time. Probably is different now that Tulane is having football success. Let’s get our football team back to the 2020/2021 level and we can impact that number. The 30/50 split for Cajuns/Tigers in Acadiana sounds about right. However Acadiana is several parishes. In Lafayette Parish, the Cajuns may have the advantage.
    I can promise that 30/50 split is not even close. I wish it was that good but it is certainly only a wish.

15. Default Re: Daily Advertiser Coverage in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I can promise that 30/50 split is not even close. I wish it was that good but it is certainly only a wish.
    Why such incredible apathy about attending LSU games? .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information