Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 1, ULM 0

Default Re: SB G2: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I hope you’re right. I think the baseball committee usually gives a fair shake. Softball? It’s laughable and I think we’ve just got used to it. Year after year we watch this selection show and have Beth Mowins and her panel gush over the usual programs and gloss over others. Not just the Cajuns.

Granted, they are just reporting what committee’s done. A committee that doesn’t seem to have to justify or account for anything
    because it’s women’s sports. Who’s going to put up a huge fight?

I get it. We must have all 13 SEC teams in the field. Doesn’t matter if they are 5-18. They earned it. Just take an at large spot from somewhere else.

There, got my selection show rant out of the way in April.
    Ha! I’m still amazed we are having the “will we host” discussion. This team seemed like it was in some turmoil going into that 2nd Oklahoma game on March 3.

The turnaround is a credit to those young ladies and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Ha! I’m still amazed we are having the “will we host” discussion. This team seemed like it was in some turmoil going into that 2nd Oklahoma game on March 3.

The turnaround is a credit to those young ladies and coaches.
    I know our resume is better, but after last year’s historic snub, nothing will really surprise. We gave the committee a middle finger by winning at TSAB, but you want to host. Always.

On that, the selection show from 2023 is still available to view. Our reaction to being sent east was great. Not as good as this, though. https://www.yardbarker.com/college_s...1_127_34926410

Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 1, ULM 0

It would be great for the Cajuns to host but I have very little confidence in the committee to be fair. They have screwed us before and if given the opportunity will do it again. Not just us but any team that is not a member of the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I know our resume is better, but after last year’s historic snub, nothing will really surprise. We gave the committee a middle finger by winning at TSAB, but you want to host. Always.

On that, the selection show from 2023 is still available to view. Our reaction to being sent east was great. Not as good as this, though. https://www.yardbarker.com/college_s...1_127_34926410
    Am I the only one that finds it so funny LSU went out and got Washington’s ace from last year?

And she flamed out here Tuesday.

Fully expect the “usual” come tournament time.

Watching the Georgia - Florida game on ESPN2 and they threw the KPI rankings up there to predict the top 16. It was the usual suspects, which honestly incredibly boring. Turns out we’re 17th in whatever metric that is.

6. UL Softball Re: SB G2: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it so funny LSU went out and got Washington’s ace from last year?

And she flamed out here Tuesday.

Fully expect the “usual” come tournament time.
    ... and Lynch had been their best arm over the past several weeks. Leading into the most recent game vs. the Cajuns, she had shutout both Tennessee and Auburn ... earning the only wins in those series for LSU.

Brian

7 run top of 7th for FL. Lead G 10-4 with 2 out

8. Default Re: SB G2: Louisiana vs ULM

Lynch was Washington’s #3 pitcher in 2023. She was 9-3 and threw 77 innings which was third on the team. She played first base against us in the Super Regional.

9. Default Re: SB G2: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    Lynch was Washington’s #3 pitcher in 2023. She was 9-3 and threw 77 innings which was third on the team. She played first base against us in the Super Regional.
    wow, some of the things you find here

10. Default Re: SB G2: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    Correct. Ruby Meylan was and is their No. 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information