Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Southern Miss 2

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Southern Miss 2

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I was thinking the same thing…I’m sure he was too.
    Same. My group and I were thinking you can’t bunt Stelly because it’s an automatic IBB for Debarge. And that’s IF the sac bunt is successful. As it turns out the Stelly “swinging bunt” served the same purpose. And I was shocked that they pitched to Debarge…and also very happy they did!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    The other thing about that Tulane walk-off 3-run bomb (not grand slam... ;-) )... he only gets that chance because Yuhasz reached on a would-be game ending strike-out that got by the catcher... Lafleur followed that w/ a first pitch single... to set the stage for Debo's heroics...
    You are correct. 3-run HRs both times.

And yes, the Yuhasz strike out, yet reaching base, set that one up. Much like John Taylor’s fisted floater tonight that would not have happened had there been less than 2 strikes (they were shifting the 3rd baseman once there was 2 strikes).

And all of that is all well and good, but somebody has to step up and get the big hit. And in both cases, Debo was that guy.

3. Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Southern Miss 2

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    You are correct. 3-run HRs both times.

And yes, the Yuhasz strike out, yet reaching base, set that one up. Much like John Taylor’s fisted floater tonight that would not have happened had there been less than 2 strikes (they were shifting the 3rd baseman once there was 2 strikes).

And all of that is all well and good, but somebody has to step up and get the big hit. And in both cases, Debo was that guy.
    ……How bout the shift on our lefty batter and the bloop pop up that rolled past 3rd base foul……put the tying run on and gave Debo the opportunity???

You could probably say that both Debo AND baseball beat USM last night. Either way, we really needed that win, and I ain’t giving that one back to the baseball gods!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Just checking in after the fact.

We take the win. Our starter, Herrmann, kept us in striking distance for eight innings giving up only 2 runs on 3 hits. Fantastic.

Then we got the 3 run crooked inning.

In came LP in the 9th to go three up, three down with 2 Ks.

Is our record a bit inflated due to playing the more subpar part of the conference the first half the season? Probably. But this team is still good. We saw the back and forth vs. Coastal last weekend, and yes, we trailed for 7 1/2 innings this evening, but then won.
    Couldn’t agree more. The offense has to get better. It’s a legitimate concern when they get to the postseason. They gave away a number of ABs last night, and it’s not the first time.

But this team competes, and that’s not always the norm in college athletics these days. It is a fun team to watch.

Let’s Geaux!!

If our offense didn’t deserve to win, then theirs definitely didn’t either. They didn’t do squat after the 1st. Btw, that HR in the 1st was a gust of wind from a foul ball and a shutout. The other two hits were ground balls, one of which didn’t get past Debo. Herman’s performance is right there with the 2 Marshall 1 hitters and this was against a better lineup.

That Tulane win started something. I think this win can carry us through the rest of the season.

Geaux Cajuns!!!

PS I’m glad I got my wife trained to not even ask if we can leave early.

Gust of wind doesn’t affect that missile. It was absolutely crushed.

Agree with everything else you said.

What a game and what an atmosphere. When Debo hit that shot to left field, I started high stepping in the top concourse. I haven’t reacted to a homerun like that in a long time. Then add LP’s dominant finish, and you have a good few minutes of just euphoria. The Tigue was rocking.

Let’s do it again today.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Gust of wind doesn’t affect that missile. It was absolutely crushed.

Agree with everything else you said.
    You’re right but from my seat it was close

CCU doesn’t help RPI matters. Since last Sunday, lost to Creighton twice (41) and Troy (62). Too much emotion last weekend bit both CCU & UL.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    CCU doesn’t help RPI matters. Since last Sunday, lost to Creighton twice (41) and Troy (62). Too much emotion last weekend bit both CCU & UL.
    We could use Troy getting into the top 60 for more q1 games next week.

I sit looking down the first base line. It hooked around the pole but it was a good 10-15ft inside (and still rising) when it cleared the fence. Someone said on the radio that topham said 110mph off the bat and hardest hit recorded at the tigue since trackman implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I sit looking down the first base line. It hooked around the pole but it was a good 10-15ft inside (and still rising) when it cleared the fence. Someone said on the radio that topham said 110mph off the bat and hardest hit recorded at the tigue since trackman implemented.
    I sit up the first base line. It was a shot!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    What a game and what an atmosphere. When Debo hit that shot to left field, I started high stepping in the top concourse. I haven’t reacted to a homerun like that in a long time. Then add LP’s dominant finish, and you have a good few minutes of just euphoria. The Tigue was rocking.

Let’s do it again today.
    HELL YEA.

Tell all your people. Drop info about Cajuns and Southern Miss Friday night rocking at the T on any and all social channels. Ice cold beer and a very old rivalry dating back almost to WW1. Military Appreciation wknd. A salute to the 2014 team-Two seats for $20.14. And potentially the greatest two Beerman duo in College Baseball bringing cold ones to your seat. One of the baddest Catchers I’ve ever seen, a Lights out true Cajun on the bump ending opponent’s dreams and aspirations, a staff of dead serious Coaches, hell, every player on this squad is bringing their absolute best.

Win the Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I sit up the first base line. It was a shot!!
    We’re in Section A. A no doubter. Thought it was going to hit the kids on the soccer field.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information