Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Merchandise

UL Baseball Baseball Merchandise

This is great but can we get something simple like current on field hats again?
    I was in Nebraska last week and a local sporting goods store there had 10-15 different school's on field baseball hats (including LSUBR) . In freaking Nebraska.

Can we at least get access to buy them at our own stadium again?
    (The selection since B&N took over is over priced garbage)

Please and thank you to whoever from the AD that reads this board

Default Re: Baseball Merchandise

It’s nice they’re doing jerseys but they are doing them through the NIL site and seemingly you have to put a player name on every jersey (when we don’t actually use names on jerseys). I gladly support the players in a lot of different ways but I’ve kinda grown past the age of wanting to wear a name on my jersey (unless it’s family.) Hopefully they’ll sell blanks or just number with no name too and the player still gets NIL money from it.

The one bigger thing imo, is that they’ve added the baseball/softball Cajuns script to the vintage collection so other merch with that logo will finally be available: https://louisiana.edu/news/universit...-softball-gear

I was wondering the same thing. I’d be happy to get a random number but I don’t want a name. I’ll wait and see what the release looks like tomorrow.

I know when they did the first NIL jerseys (white with fdl on breast) the original images had names on all of them but when I went to Absolutely (who prints them) they said bc of the upper FDL on the back, they didn’t put the names. Hoping for the same. I’ll probably go check out Absolutely tomorrow to see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I know when they did the first NIL jerseys (white with fdl on breast) the original images had names on all of them but when I went to Absolutely (who prints them) they said bc of the upper FDL on the back, they didn’t put the names. Hoping for the same. I’ll probably go check out Absolutely tomorrow to see what they can do.
    If someone could attest to the name/number question, but also to the quality upon release, that would be great for us out of towners.

I have been begging for an on-field jersey release, so will happily buy a red script if the product is right.

Absolutely won't be selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Absolutely won't be selling them.
    Yeah looking at the release, seems it’s online sales only. Oh well. I’ll probably just buy regular merch with the baseball script

Regarding hats, Adidas makes the on field hats that the team wears.

Does our contract with Adidas prevent us from selling these hats? It didn't seem to be a problem when our team wore New Era hats

If every tom, dick and harry can wear the on field hat does it diminish the player's accomplishment of eraning that cap and lead them into the portal for somewhere where that doesnt happen?

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    If every tom, dick and harry can wear the on field hat does it diminish the player's accomplishment of eraning that cap and lead them into the portal for somewhere where that doesnt happen?
    That is absolutely the dumbest ____ing thing I have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Regarding hats, Adidas makes the on field hats that the team wears.

Does our contract with Adidas prevent us from selling these hats? It didn't seem to be a problem when our team wore New Era hats
    We didn’t have New Era before, they were made by The Game brand for most of the years before switch to Adidas.

The difference is, back then, they were all one size fits most (stretch fit) so it was easy to just order loads to sell. The on field hats now are all fitted and you’d have to order sizes.

Now all of this is not to say it can’t be done. In fact, it should be done, but those in charge are not choosing to do so. They should be able to offer a OSFM option identical to the game hats. I gotta think Adidas has that option

We didn’t have New Era before, they were made by The Game brand for most of the years before switch to Adidas.

The difference is, back then, they were all one size fits most (stretch fit) so it was easy to just order loads to sell. The on field hats now are all fitted and you’d have to order sizes.

Now all of this is not to say it can’t be done. In fact, it should be done, but those in charge are not choosing to do so. They should be able to offer a OSFM option identical to the game hats. I gotta think Adidas has that option
    Sorry my bad. I have several of The Game Pro versions. The older ones were actual fitted hats while the newer ones are the OSFM stretch fit

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    This was never an issue before the current B&N contract .

You should go and alert all of the P5 schools that have always and currently sell their on field hats of this concern that all their players will transfer out

You can literally buy hats like this for P5 schools anywhere in the country
    https://www.scheels.com/p/nike-lsu-t...B&pgid=psearch

https://www.lids.com/college-lsu-tig...+z-9-765810957

We just have a ____ty merchandising contract at the moment

I prefer adjustable hats. Do the players prefer fitted hats or don't have a choice?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information