Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 9, Houston Christian 10

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 9, Houston Christian 10

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    1.3 losses vs. 0.7 losses.

As stated yesterday, a win tonight would have resulted in a drop in RPI so negligible, it is not worth mentioning. Basically neutral.

Brian
    I understand that. OWP and OOWP is what it is. And it’s 75% of our rpi. Our record against that number(oowp slightly affect by our record) is our rpi. Who we win and lose too doesn’t change it.

You beat good teams you go up a lot lose to bad teams go down a lot. Beat bad teams don’t move much lose to good teams don’t move much.

So schedule good, which we probably expected a better SOS when we made the schedule, and win a lot.

Auburn is 20-20(2-16)
    Rpi is 42 though. So are they ahead of us for an at large right now?? I don’t think so.

3. UL Baseball Re: BB Final: Louisiana 9, Houston Christian 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I understand that. OWP and OOWP is what it is. And it’s 75% of our rpi. Our record against that number(oowp slightly affect by our record) is our rpi. Who we win and lose too doesn’t change it.
    Yes ... I have been preaching that for years ... and many still do not grasp it. A good example ...

You beat Houston Christian and take 1/3 vs. Southern Mississippi

has the exact same effect on your RPI as ...

Losing to Houston Christian and winning 2/3 vs. Southern Mississippi

Per your comment above (for the benefit of others) ...
    While the official formula weightings are 25/50/25 (50+25 is OWP+OOWP -> SOS) ... in reality OWP + OOWP (SOS) is not quite 75% of the formula. Your winning percentage contribution is actually a bit above 25% ... and therefore SOS is a bit less than 75%. This is because your own WP contributes to your scheduled teams' OWP contributions to you (which is your OOWP).

Brian

4. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 9, Houston Christian 10

Auburn is 20-20(2-16)
    Rpi is 42 though. So are they ahead of us for an at large right now?? I don’t think so.
    If they finished at .500 or under, they would not be eligible for NCAA Tournament play. Florida, Xavier, and Notre Dame are also at risk because of this rule (all ahead of the Cajuns in RPI). Connecticut and Ole Miss are only four games above .500.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If they finished at .500 or under, they would not be eligible for NCAA Tournament play.

Brian
    I learned that recently, haha. Just proving there are a number of good rpi teams that aren’t going anywhere.

What concerns me is our pitching staff being god awful for back to back games

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    What concerns me is our pitching staff being god awful for back to back games
    …. To back to back

I’ll say if we get to selection Monday with less than 20 losses and 40 wins we get in. So go 8-5 the rest of the way and 1-2 in the conf tourney. Thats 40-19 at selection time. We get to that number we’re in. JMO.

I don’t understand how some on here still had hope to host. We could have swept Coastal and won tonight and we still weren’t hosting. Turn the page on that one.

I’m not sure who you’re talking about but if we won those games. We would have 9 losses. Anybody with only 9 losses in a top 5 conference still had a shot to host.

I’m not sure who you’re talking about but if we won those games. We would have 9 losses. Anybody with only 9 losses in a top 5 conference still had a shot to host.
    I’m talking about everyone saying our hosting opportunities are now gone…they were gone when we lost 2/3 to rice and lost 4 Q4 games before the Coastal series. I’m not dogging anyone out, but we were never hosting with our RPI.

I get it. But if you start 9-8 then go 37-2, the committee takes that into account.

I get it. But if you start 9-8 then go 37-2, the committee takes that into account.
    I don’t think they do. Especially when you have SBC on your sleeve and an RPI of 26, general estimation as to where we would land on selection Sunday in this hypothetical scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I don’t think they do. Especially when you have SBC on your sleeve and an RPI of 26, general estimation as to where we would land on selection Sunday in this hypothetical scenario.
    Correct. Heavy correlation between host and RPI. Since the field was expanded to 64 you can probably count on one hand the number of teams who hosted with an RPI outside the top 20.

Do they?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information