Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Default Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Is the university going to make an official announcement?

It is with sadness that we will lower the University flag to half-staff in memory of the men's basketball team...

Not here to dance on Marlin's grave, but I do want to clarify something on our end.

1. We are outspending you on NIL in basketball by a large margin. Giving towards NIL is at an all-time high, and the overwhelming majority of the money is earmarked for basketball. We took in nearly 500K alone in March towards the Collective.

2. The whispers abut Julian transferring here have been running around Jonesboro for at least two weeks now. It's not exactly secret knowledge that there were issues inside your program and players wanted out. The fact that you lost kids to McNeese and us makes that clear. Players talk.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    It's not exactly secret knowledge that there were issues inside your program and players wanted out. The fact that you lost kids to McNeese and us makes that clear. Players talk.
    We always use the analogy that our sports teams have sharks circling, looking to steal them away from us..

The reality is that we have a bunch of players stuck inside East Berlin, hoping some team is nice enough to sneak them under the wall..

Not here to dance on Marlin's grave, but I do want to clarify something on our end.

1. We are outspending you on NIL in basketball by a large margin. Giving towards NIL is at an all-time high, and the overwhelming majority of the money is earmarked for basketball. We took in nearly 500K alone in March towards the Collective.

2. The whispers abut Julian transferring here have been running around Jonesboro for at least two weeks now. It's not exactly secret knowledge that there were issues inside your program and players wanted out. The fact that you lost kids to McNeese and us makes that clear. Players talk.
    You obviously know more than many of us here. We're told to shut up and not question Marlin or people just don't want to hear it because it won't make much of a difference. If you've heard some things that players are saying, I'd love if you would share with us, even if in a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    A 3 win this past season associate high school head coach is your solution? That’s just a new rebounder’s club pick with different members.

Need a complete overhaul, including the “hire a friend” mentality. Isn’t that what so many complain about, the booster club/coach relationship? Isn’t that EXACTLY what UL has evolved into with the rebounder’s club and Marlin now? And so the fix is, different faces, same plan?

Connections to the AAU world? WBB has the same connections and even a blind ostrich with its head stuck in the sand can see how that’s working out.

Blow it up, clean slate. In my half of century following UL MBB, I’ve never been more disgusted or felt as hopeless.
    Yes. There are so many talented young coaches out there on staff that will be deserving of an opportunity somewhere. You have to look and you have research them but a Billy Napier of basketball can happen.

You are outspending us in NIL because you have people who believe in your basketball program. Here, it's the same people who are buddies with the coach. Most of our fans aren't going to give to a basketball program that is being run like a high school booster club.

The double-edge sword of NIL. Donors siphoning support directly to players, while you guys' baseball park is in dire need of some improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    You are outspending us in NIL because you have people who believe in your basketball program. Here, it's the same people who are buddies with the coach. Most of our fans aren't going to give to a basketball program that is being run like a high school booster club.
    Absolutely not. And to add to what some have said, Marlin is a hard guy to want to give money to. He's not connected to the community AT ALL and he just doesn't seem to relate to many people. He's a hard listen on any interview and there is just a disconnect with him that I think doesn't relate to so many people.

9. Default Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Brad Boyd would be better than the Billy Napier of basketball if it was allowed to happen.

He may be a better coach (in his field) than Napier

No one can have less charisma than Napier

He does have contacts in the main area where we would be able to draw fans quickly

He is an alumni that actually played great basketball here

It may not be often that the local alumni past star athlete is the right person for the job, but if it ever was, this is surely what it should look like . . .

Can I hear a resounding BRAD BOYD

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Absolutely not. And to add to what some have said, Marlin is a hard guy to want to give money to. He's not connected to the community AT ALL and he just doesn't seem to relate to many people. He's a hard listen on any interview and there is just a disconnect with him that I think doesn't relate to so many people.
    Very true. I have not seen our basketball coaches out in the community promoting the program at all. And before anyone tries to bring other from other sports, this staff has been in place for 15 years.

I doubt that Koby is going to be making that much more in NIL than he was here. My biggest disappointment is that he received so much support through all his injury's throughout the years to only say "piece out" in his final season. Makes giving to any sport even more difficult because we now know they may not be here next season, so why would you give up hard earned income to the unknown. As someone mentioned, I've been to ASU several times and the athletic facilities need some upgrades, I would be curious what the athletics budget looks like has funds shift from giving to the universities to giving to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    You have no clue what I can bring to the table. I would Love to meet you one day.

I am A former player who set records and won a few games, and is still talked about constantly on this fan page.

DonÂ’t forget My relationship with the community and the 1000s of kids and families that make up our youth basketball programs. All future fans right here in our City that donÂ’t go to the games now.

DonÂ’t forget My relations with all these HS players and Coaches in the State. My knowledge of the game and how I can relate to current, future, and past players.

I bring way more to the table than the guy who has been Coaching D1 for 20+ years and been here for 13+ years.

I can Fundraise
    I can Recruit
    I can Coach
    I can Relate
    I can Communicate
    I get NIL funds.

I donÂ’t think IÂ’m friends with anyone in the Rebounders Club.

I get everyone has their own opinion, but try to keep my name out of it when itÂ’s negative.
    Big news coming soon ZOOM ZOOM. #BradBoydBasketball
    What is negative? You becoming coach and your friends become the new rebounders club? And that being exactly what we have now…a coach and his clique?

Your record?

I’ve expressed this to you multiple times. Go get meaningful D1 experience. Father Time does not wait for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Makes giving to any sport even more difficult because we now know they may not be here next season, so why would you give up hard earned income to the unknown.
    I would exclude the diamond sports from that statement. Continuity makes a big difference in building a following, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    What is negative? You becoming coach and your friends become the new rebounders club? And that being exactly what we have now…a coach and his clique?

Your record?

I’ve expressed this to you multiple times. Go get meaningful D1 experience. Father Time does not wait for anyone.
    At this point I'd be happy to give Boyd a shot to see if he can turn it around. What do we have to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    At this point I'd be happy to give Boyd a shot to see if he can turn it around. What do we have to lose?
    +1

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information