Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Default Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

It can always get worse, already is. But I don't blame Julien for moving on after 6 years. That's a long time plus he already earned his degree. Ark St. is a head scratcher though.

I guess we fans are being punished and forced to watch a total collapse of the MBB program before anyone will lift a finger to address the situation. Only thing that comes to mind for comparison is its cheaper to fill up your crankcase with oil instead of letting it run dry and blow a rod through your engine. For all the smart people around UL, this is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I’d love to hear Marlin’s take on this transfer to Arkansas State and Joe Charles to McNeese. Transferring is one thing, but transferring to Arkansas State & McNeese is a whole new level into the bowels of despair! The players apparently have a better handle on the status of the program than the Coaches, AD and administration do..
    Unfortunately no media personnel with access to Marlin will ask him this, it will be chalked up as " another portal/NIL loss that there was nothing we could do about just part of the todays game"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Brown, Charles and Julien leaving is a deal breaker for me.

C’mon Maggard do what you got to do.

It won’t be hard.

It will save money.

It’s an opportunity compared to what we see now.

Hire Brad Boyd tomorrow and finish with this.

Vic
    A 3 win this past season associate high school head coach is your solution? That’s just a new rebounder’s club pick with different members.

Need a complete overhaul, including the “hire a friend” mentality. Isn’t that what so many complain about, the booster club/coach relationship? Isn’t that EXACTLY what UL has evolved into with the rebounder’s club and Marlin now? And so the fix is, different faces, same plan?

Connections to the AAU world? WBB has the same connections and even a blind ostrich with its head stuck in the sand can see how that’s working out.

Blow it up, clean slate. In my half of century following UL MBB, I’ve never been more disgusted or felt as hopeless.

I was in Nashville this past weekend at a niche sport event, and one of the participant's girlfriend works for Arkansas St in some capacity that requires her to be at all basketball games.

In not so many words, she said the attitude among our players is abysmal and they all give the impression that they would take offers ANYWHERE to transfer.

5. Default Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    A 3 win this past season associate high school head coach is your solution? That’s just a new rebounder’s club pick with different members.

Need a complete overhaul, including the “hire a friend” mentality. Isn’t that what so many complain about, the booster club/coach relationship? Isn’t that EXACTLY what UL has evolved into with the rebounder’s club and Marlin now? And so the fix is, different faces, same plan?

Connections to the AAU world? WBB has the same connections and even a blind ostrich with its head stuck in the sand can see how that’s working out.

Blow it up, clean slate. In my half of century following UL MBB, I’ve never been more disgusted or felt as hopeless.
    Hey, you do you. I will,do me. Brad Boyd.

6. Default Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    I was in Nashville this past weekend at a niche sport event, and one of the participant's girlfriend works for Arkansas St in some capacity that requires her to be at all basketball games.

In not so many words, she said the attitude among our players is abysmal and they all give the impression that they would take offers ANYWHERE to transfer.
    How would she know that?

It's 100% anecdotal..

Arkansas State was the power outage game. Players standing around for a while talking and I guess she overheard plenty to support her thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Is this some money for no money?
    More money for some money?
    Better academics?
    More prestige?
    Better culture?
    Better crawfish?
    His call but I only see $$ as answer.
    Sad overall. The kid grew up here. And we paid the medical bills and stuck with him. I’m old and just don’t understand all this. Really thinking of just moving all to academics. This is nuts.
    Don't abandon the other sports. FB, BaseB, SB, VB and Track are all producing. Keep supporting those programs.

9. Default Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

This is pituful to say the least. No member of the media will ever question a coach or administrator for the fear of losing their credentials and/or job. Kevin Foote told me that Marlin has 3 years left on his new contract. It doesn't matter who Marlin has coming in next season because they will leave at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by GMG View Post
    It doesn't matter who Marlin has coming in next season because they will leave at the end of the season.
    Well then, it can get even worse than we imagined even though we are there.

11. Default Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Maggard has done nothing to help the two biggest sports at UL. I guess the university is ok with less than 10k fans attending home football games and less than 1k fans attending home basketball games.

All of this smells like Ray A. has come back from the grave. If and when UL decides to manage their sports like big business, then maybe we'll see a difference on the field and court. Until then they will have to operate with pennies instead of dollars! Wake up UL!!

Alumni Re: Kobe Julian transfers to Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

You have no clue what I can bring to the table. I would Love to meet you one day.

I am A former player who set records and won a few games, and is still talked about constantly on this fan page.

Don’t forget My relationship with the community and the 1000s of kids and families that make up our youth basketball programs. All future fans right here in our City that don’t go to the games now.

Don’t forget My relations with all these HS players and Coaches in the State. My knowledge of the game and how I can relate to current, future, and past players.

I bring way more to the table than the guy who has been Coaching D1 for 20+ years and been here for 13+ years.

I can Fundraise
    I can Recruit
    I can Coach
    I can Relate
    I can Communicate
    I can get NIL funds.

I don’t think I’m friends with anyone in the Rebounders Club.

I get everyone has their own opinion, but try to keep my name out of it when it’s negative.
    Big news coming soon ZOOM ZOOM. #BradBoydBasketball

The corporate model does not work here. We already know that. And in basketball, the apologists can use the NIL excuse all they want. The fact is that the fans do not believe in the current leadership of UL basketball. How is it that McNeese and Arkansas State, two schools that have not done much in the last 20 years, take our players? Jonesboro, Arkansas? Really??? That's not because of money. They don't to be here because of problems internally within the program. What that may be I'm not sure but it's obviously there.

As far as the excuses are concerned, all we heard was basketball loses because they don't charter flights. We heard basketball loses because they have no money and "the AD gave all the money to football." And we also heard that basketball loses because of NIL. Well, the reality is that people are not going to give their hard earned money to a program or a coach that they don't believe in. That is why McNeese and Arkansas State is running circles around us in NIL. They give to basketball programs with coaches who believe in the program while our coaches say everything to DE-motivate our supporters to give.

I can only imagine after reading this thread of fans giving up season tickets how empty the Cajundome is going to look next year. We only sold 1,000 season tickets last year. I expect less this upcoming season with a product on the court that may be below average. There is NO excuse to allow this basketball program to fall like this.

When is the next episode of Ragin Review?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    When is the next episode of Ragin Review?
    We plan on recording tonight.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information