Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Coastal just held UNC to 4 runs and gave them their first home loss of the year. They definitely needed this series and were up for it and playing well coming in. Without the 2 errors in the first Friday this is a 26 inning war. I’d gladly play them again in any other ballpark. I actually feel better about the Cajuns after this weekend then I did before.
    Yep.

I was concerned that this team had just been riding the wave of a fairly weak schedule. This weekend showed they are right there with a team that will likely host a regional. And as you said, field the baseball in the first inning Friday night and it’s an all out war for 3 games…against an EXCELLENT baseball team.

I very much look forward to, hopefully, playing Coastal again in Montgomery.

All things considered, we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Very disappointing pitching performance this weekend other than Langevin.
    Don't forget Christie. I know it didn't matter for the game he pitched in, but coming in on Friday and holding those Coastal bats to just three hits and one run in six innings was awesome, and allowed our pitching staff to be stocked to compete yesterday.

Hopefully we can get more four to six inning performances from him like that down the stretch of the season and into the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Watch baseball much?
    A lot actually. Friday was a stinker…it happens. But they came back and competed hard on Saturday, and anyone following this team knew they would come back. Wish they could have closed it out but they didn’t.

Know this team can be a top 25 team, but the results aren’t there. What few opportunities they’ve had against the best, unfortunately fallen short. But they will be fine.

We may just stay in the top 25 like in the twenties, but we still have work to do and it starts with this weekend vs. USM. Would a sweep of USM make up for losing 2 of 3 to Coastal?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    A lot actually. Friday was a stinker…it happens. But they came back and competed hard on Saturday, and anyone following this team knew they would come back. Wish they could have closed it out but they didn’t.

Know this team can be a top 25 team, but the results aren’t there. What few opportunities they’ve had against the best, unfortunately fallen short. But they will be fine.
    My guess is every major publication will disagree with you this week that the Cajuns aren’t a Top 25 team.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    My guess is every major publication will disagree with you this week that the Cajuns aren’t a Top 25 team.
    You’re probably right. And I’ll be happy if they do. Would bring more shine to this team and hopefully draw even more fans to a big series next weekend vs USM.

Will also make up for the times Cajuns should have been ranked in the past but weren’t 😅

After the rough Friday start, it was nice to see the team claw their way to a win on Saturday to where they were close taking both games of the doubleheader. Even though it would’ve been nice to take the series, it was a relief to see that they didn’t just quit. Last year at JMU, we saw the team fold and get swept.

We still have all of our goals ahead of us and will most likely still be ranked come tomorrow. Take care of business starting on Wednesday, get a series win against USM, and we will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I guess you didn’t watch Christie hold them to 1 run in 7.1 innings of performance.
    Okay. Those 2 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Okay. Those 2 guys.
    No doubt. Christie was phenomenal! Would have been awesome to have him for game 3 but hindsight is 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    No doubt. Christie was phenomenal! Would have been awesome to have him for game 3 but hindsight is 20/20.
    Thing is, without Christie's Friday night performance, we likely don't have a full staff of arms available to use yesterday, especially to keep us in Game 3.

Also, I don't want us to not recognize Jack Martinez's solid 2.2 Inning outing. Four hits, one run, to slow/stop the bleeding and give us a chance late. We just couldn't hit Coastal's last four guys, especially that dude who was throwing slowing that 70 MPH across the plate. They threw eight arms at us in Game 3.

I would like to see Mandino CF in all games. There were several balls - 2 in particular - that I think he gets to (one that dropped in front of Higgs - played off one bounce - and the other near the track in the RC gap) in order to record outs that Higgs couldn't get to... both led to CC runs. I think that what we lose at the plate with Mandino (power), we more than gain in defense, speed, and ability to lay down a good bunt. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I would like to see Mandino CF in all games. There were several balls - 2 in particular - that I think he gets to (one that dropped in front of Higgs - played off one bounce - and the other near the track in the RC gap) in order to record outs that Higgs couldn't get to... both led to CC runs. I think that what we lose at the plate with Mandino (power), we more than gain in defense, speed, and ability to lay down a good bunt. JMO.
    Great point about Mandino's defense. I agree

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Very disappointing pitching performance this weekend other than Langevin. We aren’t going to lose many games scoring 10 runs. This reminds me of what going deep into a regional would look like. I’m hoping we learn from this, because we’re going to see tougher teams if we make it deep into a regional at someone else’s home field.

I am still shocked that Coastal lost 7 league games the way they beat up everyone not named Langevin this weekend. I am too disappointed/lazy to look up their schedule right now to see who they lost to.
    You obviously have amnesia from Friday night. Christie did not suck. In fact, saved arms for us to be able to compete for the final two games.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I don’t disagree regarding defense, and Higgs was 0-6 with 4 SOs in G1 and G2.

But he also kept us in the game in G3, with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs.

We appear to have depth in the OF, which is a good thing. Debate is just who should be out there the most, getting chances at the plate and in the field.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information